Skipper 500 speaker replacement in 2006 Mustang GT

Greets gang,

I was just wondering if anyone has used something besides 5X7/6X8 speakers to replace the door and rear deck speakers in a 2005+ Mustang? I can't seem to find the 6.5" adapter plates that they had 10 years ago when I replaced the speakers in my 1996 T-Bird.

The head unit is going to go ASAP, and I am trying to get ideas for replacing the speakers. I am going to leave the stock door subwoofers and amps because that should provide me with enough midbass up front after I upgrade the sound system.

Reply to
DJ NoMore

I hate to follow up on my own post, but I ordered two pair of Infinity Kappa 682.7cfs this week. I plan to prove my local Best Buy installer wrong when he said the tweeters were too tall to fit behind the door panels! If he was indeed right, I may have a pair of Kappas for sale!

Reply to
DJ NoMore