Slowly He Slithered...

...inch by inch, fangs gleaming in the desert sunset, kaleidoscopic patterns dancing as the scales rippled along. At the crest, the Ancient One paused to look back at the gathering of horses below, some still glancing about nervously, some mindful only of the inviting vegetation around them.

Further back in the clearing the carcasses of three such beasts were already rotting from the carnage, their whinnying silenced by a barrage of punctures, ruby riverlets congealed by the intense heat.

The Ancient One spread his mighty hood, bedecked with the symbol of his race, and looked toward the Valley of the Gargantuans. Uttering a single phrase, long forgotten by the warm-blooded, the Serpent lept into the air and streaked across the Heavens.

The elevation rose and the sky darkened, the Ancient One oblivious to the relentless chill. Through the portal he rocketed with a clap of Thunder, nostrils embracing the scent of centuries-old decay, mindful of hints belying the whereabouts of the Old. Ah, over there! Ponderous shadows against the low clouds, framed in orange from the heat of the iron works.

And thus the Serpent took his place inside the Ring of Fire, the Old nodding almost imperceptibly, and all was as Before.

Reply to
CobraJet

CobraJet opined in news:090920042007134797% snipped-for-privacy@streetracer.sfv:

I'll have what he's smoking

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I think he has been chewing Peyote. Nicely written though.

Kate

| > And thus the Serpent took his place inside the Ring of Fire, the Old | > nodding almost imperceptibly, and all was as Before. | >

| | I'll have what he's smoking

Reply to
SVTKate

CobraJet wrote in news:090920042007134797% snipped-for-privacy@streetracer.sfv:

kaleidoscopic

vegetation

oblivious

mindful

Ponderous

CJ, did you start up the Torino or something?

Joe

You play too much D&D.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

SVTKate opined in news:1le0d.36$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Well.. it reminded me of a poem that was revered by HS Lit teachers till it came out that the semi-famous poet was under severe influence at the time of writing it.

Sorta like set us up for trying out LSD, later... never did though. ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Exactly what I was thinking.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

OK, I shoulda known.

It's like this: You know who the Snake is. The horses are the Mustang group. The dead ones are the ones who were flamed. The Valley of the Gargantuans is the Big Block group. The Old are the old farts there. The iron works refers to the symbol FE which is of course the

390-428.

Translation: I'm signing off from RAMFM and I'll be over at AHPBBFM.

I'm so unappreciated as a writer

I don't really do drugs, but maybe I'll go find that peyote dealer tonight.

Reply to
CobraJet

You may not believe this... but I actually got every single reference except the FE part.

I was surprised to see you re-post in the thread.

Kate

| > CJ, did you start up the Torino or something? | | | | OK, I shoulda known. | | It's like this: You know who the Snake is. The horses are the | Mustang group. The dead ones are the ones who were flamed. The Valley | of the Gargantuans is the Big Block group. The Old are the old farts | there. The iron works refers to the symbol FE which is of course the | 390-428. | | Translation: I'm signing off from RAMFM and I'll be over at AHPBBFM. | | I'm so unappreciated as a writer | | I don't really do drugs, but maybe I'll go find that peyote dealer | tonight. | | | | >

| > Joe | > Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies | > Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC | | -- | CobraJet | Thunder Snake #1

Reply to
SVTKate

CobraJet wrote in news:100920041109460316% snipped-for-privacy@streetracer.sfv:

Valley

AHPBBFM.

dealer

Ah, now that I reread it and I'm awake I've got it. If I'm posting at

7am it's sans coffee.

Joe

Hey! I didnt say it wasnt good... But I did miss the point. figgered you brought home some gold plated pot metal!

CobraJet opined

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And so the Serpent continues in the "Insane" thread.

Reply to
CobraJet

Get the blue peyote. Less likely to have a bad trip. :)

Reply to
Mark

The voice of experience?

| > > Further back in the clearing the carcasses of three such beasts were | > > already rotting from the carnage, their whinnying silenced by a barrage | > > of punctures, ruby riverlets congealed by the intense heat. | > >

| > > The Ancient One spread his mighty hood, bedecked with the symbol of | > > his race, and looked toward the Valley of the Gargantuans. Uttering a | > > single phrase, long forgotten by the warm-blooded, the Serpent lept | > > into the air and streaked across the Heavens. | > >

| > > The elevation rose and the sky darkened, the Ancient One oblivious | > > to the relentless chill. Through the portal he rocketed with a clap of | > > Thunder, nostrils embracing the scent of centuries-old decay, mindful | > > of hints belying the whereabouts of the Old. Ah, over there! Ponderous | > > shadows against the low clouds, framed in orange from the heat of the | > > iron works. | > >

| > > And thus the Serpent took his place inside the Ring of Fire, the Old | > > nodding almost imperceptibly, and all was as Before. | > >

| > > -- | > > CobraJet | > > Thunder Snake #1 | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate