Sniff Sniff, Whatcha got there boy?

I had to pull the interior trim around my gear shift, and what do I find inside there? A bag of wacky tobacky! I don't want to get pulled over some day and have some drug sniffing dog find something that isn't even mine. "But Officer, I didn't even know it was there!" How many times have they heard that one?!!! Any other unlikely spots I might not think to look?

'98 Mustang - 3.8 - 5 Speed

Reply to
Sunset Sam

Well no Sam, Here's a tricky predicament!

Of course there is the FIRST decision you will prolly make, do you smoke it or dispose of it?

If you are a non-cannibus consumer, this idea may be an interesting way to spend a couple of hours. Take the weed AND the car down to the local cop shop. Give them the weed, tell them how you found it and ask them to have a dog sniff the car out for you to be sure there is nothing else in there.

There are a ton of hiding placces. In the rear panels, the door panels, kick panels, under the back seat, inside the trunk behind the panels and the list goes on forever.

I bet if you took it to the cops they would get a good laugh out of it.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Well Kate, I already got rid of it, but I think that's still a good idea about taking the car down for an "inspection". And, yeah, they probably will get a good laugh out of it at least! I know there's a ton of spots, but I was thinking about ones that easily accessible. I was surprised how easily that trim panel came off. Now I realize it had probably been off & back on a number of times. I went to go buy another one at a junk yard and they wanted $45 for that part! And it was from an automatic without the boot, but I think I could have made it work. I'm gonna shop around.

Reply to
Sunset Sam

Heck Sam, just give it a good washing and the area underneath it, maybe that will fix it.

If you DO take it down, I would love th hear the story LOL!!

Reply to
SVTKate

Are you kidding me? Take the weed to the cops (you're in possession regardless) and then tell them you might be in possession of more? That's got to be the dumbest advice I could think to give.

What do you think, Spike? What reaction might he get with that move?

Once they put the cuffs on, "you'll never freaking BELIEVE what this guy just came in and did".

Reply to
Wound Up

The shifter boot is used because it is in the center of the car, i.e., furthest away from the dogs.

Reply to
Wound Up

From his lawyer, undoubtedly.

Reply to
Wound Up

And very easily accessible, I might add... plus normal folk wouldn't think to look under it. A friend of mine had an '82 GT that was a bit tuned.. I had no car, and no real need to carry my license at the time, he didn't want his parents finding out I drove the car, so I threw my license under the shifter boot, just in case I was ever pulled over.

JS

Reply to
JS

Do you really think so? See, I am just naive enough, I might do something like that.

| > Of course there is the FIRST decision you will prolly make, do you smoke it | > or dispose of it? | >

| > If you are a non-cannibus consumer, this idea may be an interesting way to | > spend a couple of hours. | > Take the weed AND the car down to the local cop shop. | > Give them the weed, tell them how you found it and ask them to have a dog | > sniff the car out for you to be sure there is nothing else in there. | | Are you kidding me? Take the weed to the cops (you're in possession | regardless) and then tell them you might be in possession of more? | That's got to be the dumbest advice I could think to give. | | What do you think, Spike? What reaction might he get with that move? | | >

| > There are a ton of hiding placces. | > In the rear panels, the door panels, kick panels, under the back seat, | > inside the trunk behind the panels and the list goes on forever. | >

| > I bet if you took it to the cops they would get a good laugh out of it. | | Once they put the cuffs on, "you'll never freaking BELIEVE what this guy | just came in and did". | | >

| > Kate | >

| | | -- | Wound Up | ThunderSnake #65 |

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Wound Up

Exactly

A friend of mine had an '82 GT that was a bit tuned.. I

Yep. Many people use it as a stash spot for many different things... an old trick

Reply to
Wound Up

Nah you are just being paranoid. They ain't that dumb. It would fall into the "you ain't gonna believe this" catagory but other than that if they had the resources they would obilge your request with a shrug. If they found something you'd probly have to answer a few questions but that would be it.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

I can see that, but I maintain my belief to be valid. I'm not saying they're dumb, just hypervigilant. And I'm sorry, I just don't give the whole system much credit at all to be human. I certainly don't see much of a sense of humor.

Even if that were the case, why would I show up and identify myself, under ANY circumstances, with a bag of weed? D> Nah you are just being paranoid. They ain't that dumb. It would fall into

Reply to
Wound Up

Wound Up opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@your.disposal:

I'm with wound up, here. if you have a family friend who's a cop or in the DA's office, go ahead.

But if you just walk in off the street... one of those City's Finest might decide they like your car.

And, in many states, that's that.

He gets a car, cheap, at an adhoc "contraband Auction" and you pay a lawyer to plea down to a misdemeanor and know better next time.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thank you. You're 100% damned right.

And that IS that, just LIKE that, too often. Ha ha, at my ridiculous expense, right?

--- my own commentary --- outside of ByM's agreement.

Now. Let's get right down to it, shall we? All the greased palms... all the who-knows-whom, and all the circumstantial crap that will never amount to anything with a lawsuit when laws are abused, and people fall victim to the System's greed. Tell me it doesn't go on, and I'll know you're lying. Tell me you've been on a police force for ANY length of time without knowing it's going on, and I'll tell you MLB is free of steroid abuse.

Who better to manipulate the Rules of the System than the enforcers thereof?

I recently saw a news story where HALF - fully HALF - of a nearby city's (E. St. Louis, Ill.) aux. police were let go because someone finally leaned on the dept. to do a real background check. Guess what? Those half were convicted felons - not one-time offenders, mind you - carrying guns and exercising police authority. "Oh, no, what a travesty". You lying sacks of shit.

If you ask me, it sounds like someone got paid to protect them from their former friends and/or adversaries. The lines very easily and very quickly get blurred.

And when they were asked, it was excuses and b.s. to mitigate damage. Armbands worn, regalia blah blah make me believe.

"Uhh... well... you see..." means you're lying.

Tell me how that falls within the realm of "paranoia", and I'll send you fifty bucks with a belated Valentine's Day card, kissed with my lips with my wife's lipstick, and you can then affix it firmly to your ass.

Reply to
Wound Up

The part needs replacing anyway. That's why I took it off in the first place.

I've read all the replies in this thread and I still think it's a good idea. Especially since nobody else has had any suggestions on other easily accessible obscure spots to look. Shoot, I would have never looked under the boot if I wouldn't have had to take it off anyway.

Reply to
Sunset Sam

I have to disagree. I firmly believe that if you walked in there and told them what you found and the reason you wanted them to go theough your "previously owned" vehicle, they would be more than accomidating and more than likely very good humored about it.

| | | -- | Wound Up | ThunderSnake #65 |

Reply to
SVTKate

Let's say there is more in the car that I can't find. There are plenty of roadblock type "safety checks" in this area. More and more every day everywhere actually. I spend a lot of time at area lakes which are just the kind of places they set 'em up. What kind of a spot do you think I'd be in if something was found then? Somehow I need to be sure this car is clean. I guess the reason I think Kate's idea is a good one is maybe because the system has been fair to me in the past. The times I've been cited or arrested I was guilty. And I've also received a few warnings when they could have cracked down on me but didn't. It'd be hell to get busted for something that wasn't even mine, but I guess I'm repeating what I stated in my original post now.

Reply to
Sunset Sam

From personal experience, NEVER give the law evidence that can be used against you in court. Chances are in this case it would not be used gaainst you, but it's NOT worth the risk.

Reply to
John

The system has rarely been fair to me. Just take the interior apart yourself. The cops won't be careful doing it.

Reply to
Brent P