So, How do you buy an 06 Cobra?

Here is my guess, as I have no experience in this;

  1. Go to dealer and pay 00 to put name on waiting list
  2. Wait 9 months or more.
  3. Pay ,000 dealer markup + k or so sticker price
  4. Drive off.

How did I do? Anywhere near reality?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

That depends.

Do you want to be the first on the block to have one? Expect to get fleeced.

Can you wait? Expect to pay sticker, or less.

The marketing will be just like any other Mustang Cobra in recent memory, except the Shelby name may add a little to the initial frenzy.

Plan your purchase and be patient, impulse buyers will pay... dearly*.

*Past performance is no guarantee of future events. YMMV :)

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

You might get it more quickly if you simply give the dealer the $48K up front. I did that when the Nikon D70's came out and moved to the head of the line. Don't know if I'd do it with a car though.

Reply to
PocoLoco

Hey, if I could swing a Shelby, I might try that. As for electronics, I find that patience is its own reward. If I can wait just 6 months, I can save a BUNCH of money.

Okay, I just lied. When my camera came out, I bought it at "retail". One month later, it was down $100. One year later, it's half price and its successor has now been for sale for a couple of months.

Okay, there IS no good time to buy electronics.

But I'm still waiting for that Canon Digital Rebel XT...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Think you could have picked up a Nikon D70 for a lot less than $48,000. Maybe you should have waited:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks John,

I am willing to wait for a while, maybe 6 months. If that gets me a sticker price 450 hp Cobra, it's mine.

And for those of you talking about the Nikon D-70, funny, I actually bought one of those at sticker price about 2 years ago when they first came out (I shopped around). Great camera, though the pictures always come out a little too dark for me.

If they mark the Cobras up, I will be paying the same as a new vette. Don't tempt me Ford!

The very tight tightwad,

John

Reply to
John Shepardson