Sold my baby - kind of

Well, my dad now owns my 69 Mach I. I couldn't afford to keep it and the 03 cobra at the same time. It will be missed. It isn't near as fast as the

03, but it has a certain flair.
Reply to
Mike Schultz

Ouch, no offence but you kept the wrong car. That 69 will *never* go out of style. The 03 will. Either way, it's in the family, but seriously, try and get it back.

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

Hey Schultzy (my last name too)!

Is your family rich ?? ;>) ;>) If so, maybe we're related!

Reply to
Katmandu

Maybe, but if I read between lines right, then he'd have to drive the '69 as a daily driver. If that involves snow, salt, etc the '69 will suffer a hell of alot more than the '03.

Of course when my dad sold his well worn, well rusted '69 mach 1. (351W,

4spd toploader, candyapple red) in 1978 for like $400 I was heartbroken. Keep in mind I wasn't even 7 yet. When I was in HS/college I kept the vin number in my wallet and I checked every '69 mustang sportsroof I came across. But I guess the car never found anyone to make it better or at least keep if from getting worse. I have all the original documentation, window sticker, brochure, owner's manual, yadda yadda. Even keys.
Reply to
Brent P

I am not really qualified to work on it myself. Good at talking about it, but not so much actual wrench turning. So I had dropped almost 8 grand on it over the last 3 years (I'd had it for about 10), and it still wasn't where I wanted it - speed, handling, body - I could imagine spending over 20 grand to get it just right. And the 03 cobra really is a hoot. I know it won't be the classic that the 69 was, but I couldn't just sit there and watch the 69 deteriorate. I figured I should sell her to someone who would love her - and I had promised dad first dibbs.

Reply to
Mike Schultz

Yeah, I hear ya... I had a 67 for 10+ years and loved it, but compared to my

93 it's not much of a car comparison... Those old cars cost lots of money and once you get them to where you want them, you're scared to drive them! Enjoy the 03...

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Don't look at it that way. Look at it as though your dad just bought your enheritance!

-Pat-

Reply to
Mustang_66

Brent... the horror stores I could tell. I'm an old fart and I've owned classics out yer ying-yang...... but when I sold them, they were just "old cars". Aside from the '62 Impala 2 dr ht, the '63 Poncho rag, the '72 XR7 rag and a host of others.... the one that hurts the most was the 64.5 Mustang rag. I bought that puppy in '68ish for $2200CA - I drove that poor car into the ground and parted with it for $1000CA four years later.

Every now and again, I stop pounding my head against the wall just so I can remind myself.......... and, yes... I can recall using a Mickey Mantle rookie baseball card on my bike spokes. Who'da knowed???

Jim Warman