sound dampening

A while back I installed an aftermarket sound system in my 96 GTS. This is the problem.....since I now get great bass response when certain bass notes orlow frequncies hit I get a vibration sound. I have the speakers isolated by mounting them with a neoprene ring between them and the mounting surface(doors and rear deck). It sounds like a "buzz". I think I may have a feww broken tack welds some where in the trunk hood or in the area. I really can't pin it down any further than that. Has any one had this problem before and if so how did ya manage to deal with it?

Hey dwight, which sound shop did ya use to get your head unit installed, I may need to purchase some sound dampening material(to try and solve my problem) from them if they have it.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

This may sound silly but check your license plate

Gumby619

Reply to
Gumby619

Thanks

Not silly at all, it was a contributor to the problem. I managed to use some cardboard to do some temporary wedgeing till I get some dynamat to kill it perm like.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Purchase some B-Quiet or another sound dampening product. It wil eliminate most rattles and increase the DBs in the cabin.

A good resource is 'Canadian Car Audio - Canada?s #1 Car Audio Forum

-- admi

----------------------------------------------------------------------- admin's Profile:

this thread:

admin

Have you taken a look at Jegs, Summit, or any of the other catalogs on line. I was just browsing Jegs as I prepare to go forth and do battle with the day, and they carry a waide range of sound absorbant material.

Reply to
Spike

Boy do I agree there are a lot of inconsiderate people in the world. Unfortunately my Son and my SO's Daughter are two of them. I can tell when they arrive in the area because the bass rattles the windows in the house. I've discussed this with my Son repeatedly with only limited success. Lately he turns down the stereo before he arrives home. I can only hope he does at other times as well. When on the open road, I could care less how loud someone else plays their stereo. But for goodness sake, why do some people think they need to keep basting the stereo while they are in a store, or buying gas. I can't tell you how often I am at a gas station and there is a car in an adjacent bay with the base so loud it is rattling the windows in my car - and often the owner of the car is not even at the car - they are inside the store paying for the gas or buying something. I have the same complaint about cars in stop and go traffic. When I had a convertible it was annoying to be trapped in traffic next to some Rap/Rock/Country Music enthusiast with the stereo so loud the sides of his vehicle were vibrating. Seems that people who listen to NPR never have the need to play Morning Edition or Car Talk at 200 dB. I already know that my Son has permanently impaired his hearing. I predict a booming business for hearing aides....

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

"C. E. White" wrote in news:47a88ab8$1 @kcnews01:

...and more. That kind of crap burns me. I'm certainly not pro- violence, but those kinds of people need to be escorted off the planet's surface.

Because they need to show the world that they are _badass_ with their big sounds. It's personal insecurity at its finest.

Solution: Rip keys out of ignition and throw across heavy traffic.

How about some Mozart played at 3/4 volume through a 5,000 watt stereo?

Seriously Ed, if it were my son and he came around my house with that kind of disrespect, I'd kick his lousy ass from here to kingdom come and tell him not to show his puss until he learned what "respect" means.

Reply to
Joe

My stepson was that way, and his mother would have allowed it to continue, but I put it to him that he was disturbing the neighbors, and that if he didn't stop and turn the tunes down BEFORE he entered the residential area, he was going to lose the wheels I had co-signed for. Not saying he was 100%, but he did give it a darn good effort, and seldom was a problem after that. We won't mention the homemade pipebomb found after he moved to his own place. LOL

Reply to
Spike

I actually had one of these guys in the right lane next to me stopped with an open window directly adjacent to my F-450's Powerstroke Turbo Diesels Giant side pointed tailpipe. After a few seconds of total irritation, I revved it up over 3000 RPM and smoked this little A$$ out, it was pumping my exhaust directly into his window. Boy was he pissed, turn about is fair play. My passenger and I couldn't help but break out laughing. We enjoyed reliving that case of perfect timed poetic justice that for many months...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

That was a VERY good pun, was it intentional?

Gumby619

Reply to
Gumby619

I like Barber's 2nd Orchestral Essay at full volume, but that final chord could blow my speakers. And I don't care if people I pass by are surprised to hear Rachmaninoff piano concertos being played at healthy sound levels.

Seriously, though, I'm one who likes to play my music loud, but I think I'm mindful when there are others close enough to hear. I don't inflict my tastes on others around me consciously, and if I forget to lower the volume at a red light, I apologize.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Reply to
Spike

Yet another reason why I allow plenty of separation, even when stopped at a light. I've pulled up alongside Nobody many times, where their stupid bent tailpipe is blowing exhaust in my face.

It takes all the enjoyment out of my smoking, y'know.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

It is the factory tailpipe Dwight, from a 2005 "CLEAN" diesel, and at an idle is far less offensive than your cigarettes or stereo.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Is that one of those pipes with exhaust that I could feed into my oxygen tanks? 'Cause I keep one on the passenger seat at all times, and it can never be too full.

And I've already pointed out that you wouldn't hear my stereo, if we were sitting at a red light.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

You're taking your life into your own hands there. Big truck/small man syndrome is rampant today. B

Reply to
Brad and Karen

That goes both ways, most people say guys who drive really powerful muscle cars are compensating. So I guess that's you instead of the truck.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Only if its some one else doing it!(SARCASM) I don't beat my Mustang nor do I beat my sound system. As for civility you reap what you sow.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Yeah, I keep hearing that saying. Hell, my sister-in-law tried it on me.

But I guess the word is getting out, because I get 20 to 30 emails each and every day from people willing to help me with my weenie winkie.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Oooooohkay... this is where I bail fellas. Good night and be sure to come back soon!

Reply to
WindsorFox