Specs on Ford part# F4ZF-18971-BA?

Does anybody have the specs for Ford Part# F4ZF-18971-BA? This is the factory 6x8" speaker maounted in the deck of my 95 Coupe. It also states '130' and '9439F'. But no wattage. I'm about to upgrade to either a Pioneer DEH-P3500 or JVC KD-6200 which both are like 4x22W RMS. I'm not sure if those speakers can handle that amount of power.

Any help greatly appreciated. Google turned up nothing. :-(

Reply to
Paul

I think you should be alright with the factory speakers for a while. When I had the GTS, I am sure it used the same speakers that are in your car now. I ran a 4 channel amplifier (75x4) to all the factory speakers and they took a good beating....one of them didn't survive though, especially when I listen to a lot of bass. I went ahead and bought those Pioneer 6x8 3-way's from Best Buy and they sounded great.

Reply to
RioRedGT

at 31 Dec 2003, RioRedGT [ snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.comSPAM] wrote in news:QhIIb.95173$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Thanks. Guess that's what I'll try as well. eBay has some nice speakers in case I blow any of the stock ones. Which woudl be the perfect excuse to buy then. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Rein

at 01 Jan 2004, Rein [ snipped-for-privacy@NO-SPAMyahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm probably going to do that. Pioneer indeed has some nice speakers that will fit judging by crutchfield's info..

Thanks!

Reply to
Paul

yup, I installed two pairs last year in my 95 coupe Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

at 01 Jan 2004, Rein [ snipped-for-privacy@NO-SPAMyahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm drooling over specs on the Pioneer A6880R's. But they do carry a hefty pricetag.. :-(

Reply to
Paul

yup, they're great. I installed 4 of them :-)

Rein

Paul, I probly don't have to tell ya this. Don't pay attention to specs..............Pay attention to your ears. If it sounds good thats what matters, screw the numbers. Try to get a listen to them installed in the same type of enviornment as your Pony if you can.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

at 03 Jan 2004, Dave Sibbett [ snipped-for-privacy@mylastname.com] wrote in news:1IJJb.25883$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

Yeah, personal preference is always the closing factor in this. Next club meeting I'm taking a CD with my fav music and go and see what some members have in their rides. So I can listen and compare. :-) But that's after the 10th annual Ford & Mustang round up in Silver Springs this weekend. Missed it last year cuz of engine probs. :-)

Reply to
Paul