Springs for 1968 coupe?

It looks ok to my non-expert eyes. The "Mustang" was changed to a script/cursive style in '68. ('67s had the individual block letters much like the '65-'66 GTs.)

The engine size was added to the running pony emblems on V-8 '67-'68s. His needs some color though :)

...I think the side marker lights were new for '68 too.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Thanks a million, I appreciate it!

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Well, it has not been lowered yet - I just put 15x8's on it instead of the stock 14x6's. You can see several pix of the car at

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Texas would be one - it is a no-no here.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

"Dinsdale" wrote in | It looks ok to my non-expert eyes. | The "Mustang" was changed to a script/cursive style in '68. | ('67s had the individual block letters much like the '65-'66 GTs.) | | The engine size was added to the running pony emblems on V-8 '67-'68s. | His needs some color though :) | | ...I think the side marker lights were new for '68 too. | | DP | Pics of the cars: |

Thanks DP

I didn't know that it had the Mustang AND the three color emblem on the side of the fender. Seemes like allot to me.

Goes to show how much I know about old iron LOL

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

...and they are so much fun when it's wax time.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Oh my'ggosh.. I would just bet they are! More beer please!

Reply to
SVTKate

An unexpected financial setback has put the Mustang project mostly on hold. I am trying to get the 289 tuned up but beyond that I am not buying anything new for a while. :-(

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

I have a 1968 fastback 302 2v. I have Weld Prostar wheels that are Front 15x7 with 3 1/2 inch backspace and 205/50/15 tires and rear 15x8 with 4 1/2 inch backspace and 265/50/15 tires (Cooper Cobra tires) this puts big meats in the back and tucked it under the car. With stock leaf springs in back on a hard (very hard) turn the tire rubs until I get 5 leaf springs. the front only rubs when I turn the whole way to the left ( no idea why) I am going to drop it 1 inch in a week and that should not scrape at all then. The control arm is what it touches. well good luck

-- EMT_FF_ZARTMAN

1968 Mustang GT Fastback, 302 2v, 1999 Crown Victoria 4.6 SOHC

Send from

EMT_FF_ZARTMAN