Starter or Flywheel?

Hopefully it's starter teeth, but it might be some of the ones on the flywheel. Is there a way to tell without any dissassembly?

Anybody have time or cost estimates or where to look on either, I've been website searching for about an hour with no luck.

Thanks,

T o m Dillon Lakewood, CO

'88 Mustang GT Conv

5.0 Underdrive pullies Custom exhaust Shorty equal length headers 3.73 gears K&N air filter High performance visors And a rack and pinion that's in pretty sad shape

Change Z to S to send email

Reply to
Sunastar

I don't know for sure on Mustangs, but I think you can look at the teeth on the flywheel through an access window/hole.

I know it is this way on some other vehicles. Me, I just pull the starter...5 minutes time to get it out of there. Then have it tested.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Sorry, man.... nothing, absolutely nothing, will replace visual inspection...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Pull the starter, and all of the spark plugs. Have a buddy rotate the engine while looking at the teeth on the flywheel.

Reply to
C. Vaughan