Steeda Timing Adjuster

All -

I just ordered a steeda timing adjuster and I remember reading somewhere that the instructions did not include a list of required tools... Can someone post which tools I will require for this and any suggestions that may not be in the instructions.

thanks!

Reply to
Brian Ober

Below is a link to the instructions just in case you haven't seen them yet.

What year Stang do you have? Here's one note from the instructions that turned me off from buying the Steeda timing adjuster for my `03: "Note:

1999 and newer Mustangs may experience some "bucking" during part throttle operation if the timing is set above 13°...". and the stock timing advance is supposedly 10 degrees. So, what they are saying here is that if you have a `99 and up, you can't advance the timing more than a mere 3 degrees without having some headaches. Buying such a kit and installing it does not seem worth it for a mere 3 degree bump in timing. If anyone has done this mod on a `99 and up and feels differently, I'd be interested in hearing about it. From memory, a 3 degree bump can be felt, but is still pretty darned small of an enhancement. Or? Another thing I don't love about the timing adjuster is that it makes the crank sensor vulnerable to getting knocked out of adjustment, since it is now positioned out by the pulley. While it would be rare, I suppose a rock or something could always get kicked up under there and knock the sensor out, which I would guess would cause the engine to stall. Is this correct? The sensor is a lot safer in its stock location. If you have a `96 - `98, Steeda says you can shoot for 14 - 16 degrees advance which means you can bump the timing by potentially as much as 6 degrees... in this case, the kit would make more sense in my opinion.
Reply to
GT-Vert-03

Ooops... here's the link:

Go to the "New And Tech Articles" page from the home page, and then go to "How To Articles - Installs and Instructions"... and you'll find the installation instructions for the timing adjuster.

Reply to
GT-Vert-03