"Steel Run" Rotors

Are slotted / Cross-drilled rotors really a help over standard rotors? Anyone have any experiance with a brand called "Steel Run"? Comments on them? I am considering buying a set of 4 cross drilled / slotted rotors for an OT vehicle, and these would save me about 30 bux over buying raybestos rotors locally. The old rotors are grooved to heck and can not be turned, I'd rather replace them.

TIA

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

"Carl Saiyed" wrote

OK, the fact that you could buy drilled/slotted rotors for less than a stock replacement should tell you something about the quality of said drilled/slotted rotors. IMHO, Raybestos is the best OE replacement if you buy the best they have and use ceramic pads. Stay away from the cheapie $20 Autozone rotors. Usually the good OE replacements run in the $70-90/piece range.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

You might want to look at Baer. They have an Eradispeed product line of zinc plated slot & drilled rotors that are direct OEM replacements. They allow you to use your existing calipers & pads.

Reply to
JimC

The "Steel Run" rotors are sold online. Sometimes you can get a killer deal on-line for a better or same quality product at a cheaper price than at a local retail store. Thanks for the info. I won't be buying these "Steel Run" rotors.

Carl

cheapie $20

$70-90/piece

Reply to