stock rear end gears on 90 gt??

what ratio are they? its an automatic 5.0.... and what would be some cool ones to get put in if i wanted to just be able to take off really quick. no engine mods done just yet.. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
XxJoSHiExX

most people use 3.73's i think the stock ones ar elike 3.05 or something like that check on the tag on the drivers side door if yours is still readable.

Reply to
John Wiebalk
3.08. I think 3.27's might have been optional, if not, I know a few dealers would offer them.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Original were usually 2.73 or 3.08. The 3.27's were an option on the autos, but I'm not sure which year they began.

3.73 is a pretty common rear ratio. If it sees more strip time, you may want to consider 4.10's.

Also, getting a higher stall converter will help you "take off really quick" when used together with some better gears.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

2.73's on my 89 gt vert

Grr winter!

Reply to
Matt

The AOD used 3.27:1 (look for code 5) or (code E if equipped with locking diff) GT 5-speed was 2.73:1 and optional was 3.08:1

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R