Strange alarm behavior on 2001 GT ... description inside

Hi group. Was wondering if anyone could help me with my recent problem.

Just noticed a couple of days ago.

  1. When I shut off the car, and leave the key in ignition, the internal chime keeps going off. Same one as if the lights are still on when you leave the car... When i take the key out, it stops.
  2. When I close it with my remote, instead of one confirmation horn sound, i get two short ones, as if the door was ajar (all are closed of course). I have no idea what can be causing this.

Perhaps not related, but i noticed the same internal chime (1) in my mom's

1998 Mercury Mistique. I am now curious if this is a ford issue?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Reply to
M.S.

Is the car trying to tell you that you left the keys in the ignition so you don't accidently lock yourself out? Sounds to me like this is what it is supposed to do.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.