Strange Audible Alarm

I was driving my 2007 Mustang V-6 convertible today and the audible alarm activated without any visible warning on the dashboard. It started off slow and gradually sped up to a continous alarm for almost five minutes. I turned the engine off and restarted and it was still on. Any idea what the problem was? I checked out the instruction book and saw nothing in it.

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls, Ohio

Reply to
Ron (Munroe Falls, Ohio)

If by "audible alarm" you mean the "ding-ding-ding" for key-in-ign-door-open, etc., I dunno.

Only other one I've heard is kind of a high-pitched "weeeee" whiny thing, almost above the frequency threshold of my deteriorated hearing. Turns out the trunk was closed but not latched.

Reply to
Frank ess

The warning chime will sound if the car is being driven with the park brake applied, if a turn signal has been left on for more than 1/2 mile or if the airbag lamp is inoperative with DTCs stored....

Reply to
Jim Warman