street car question

In a street car application, is it more important/advantagous to have adjustable lower or upper rear control arms?

Dave

Reply to
Mustang GT

Not if your just cruising. If you throw it around quite a bit, you might notice them, but they wouldn't be imperative. If the car is lowered, it can throw the pinion angle off a little, and this hurts traction in drag racing. In road racing (as well as drag racing), the stiffer aftermarket arms/bushings keep better control of the rear axle. In stock form, it can move left and right with deflection of the stock rubber bushings. The stamped steel lowers are prone to a little "give" when pushed to the limits also.

Reply to
Keith

Sure! Crank them down at the track and raise it back up for the speed bumps. Now how far down to get the best balance around the twisties, I'm still working at that. I don't have uppers due to the torque arm.

Reply to
GILL

How is the brake/suspension upgrade progressing?

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim S.

Hi Jim, Work has owned me 24/7 here lately. I have all the parts except the rear upper control arms, which I was hoping to order this week. Havent made it that far yet.

My daughter is in a car accident ( Thank God she was unhurt ) and our 1992 Mustang LX was totaled. Im down to 3 mustangs again.

Wintertime is quickly approaching the Sierra Nevada Foothills so I intend to get it pulled into the garage next week and start tearing it down. BTW Im looking at the arms at:

Already have the lowers ( non adjustables ), Steeda Springs, Pro3i camber plates etc.

The donor parts are all completed and ready to go.

More later

Dave

Reply to
Mustang GT