Stumble-Fart

My 96 GTS has deveoped these symptoms. Mainly when shifting from 4th to 5th in the lower part of the power band the car will stumble then I call it fart. I don' t get any codes yet I don't know if this has anything to do with it but last week when I started it up it missed badly and the cel started blinking, so I shut her down for a minute then restarted and all was good. I got the code pulled and it indicated a miss on the cylinder passenger side closest to the fire wall. well I snugged up the wire and all seem fine. She also will occaisional exibit these symptoms when downshifting going aroud a corner then accelerating slowly out of the lower part of the power band. I think I've heard it called "Tip in". It runs like a broke dick dog when stomped on. any Ideas? plugs are splitfires about 30k miles on em wires are FRPP 7mm 6 months old

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Similar to what I was experiencing. Pull the wire for cylinder 8 (the one you described I believe is cylinder 8) and check the resistance on it with an ohmmeter. Also, check gap of spark plugs.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

downshifting

Reply to
<memset

Make sure that wire is good, swap it with a good cylinder wire. Also, don't waste money on splitfires. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein