Stupid question -- wax and glass molding

So, I feel really dumb asking, but the 05 is giving me grief with this, and ive never had to deal with it before...

After waxing (mother's) my paint, some got on the plastic trim around the glass.. it dries white, and is annoying as hell. I tried wiping, and i tried water, it looks like it comes off, but shows up again... what gets this off? dawn? somethin else?

Reply to
<japhar81>

It will eventually go away on it's own. I've gotten wax on exterior plastic before and not worried about it. But dishwashing soap should get it off.

Reply to
Brent P

Yep, Dawn liquid dish soap gets it off. Been there, done that ;).

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

There's also this stuff called Back to Black....most auto parts stores carry it...for precisely this purpose =)

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

I thought that stuff ate into plastic and rubber??

Reply to
<japhar81>

No way that stuff is great! But it's an 05 no? Just get some Dawn dish soap & get it off. No need to spend $5 for the Mothers Back to Black. (I think mothers, no?)

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

just gotta figure out how to do it without taking the wax off:)

Reply to
<japhar81>

Just get a little on a dish rag & wipe it off until it's all off. lol... not hard to re-apply wax anyway if you happen to get a little on the wax.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Yeah, I know, just gotta learn to be a little more careful... that whole coordination thing.

Reply to
japhar81

LOL!! Ya man.. I still do it ;). But I just get out the dawn & zap it.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Do you mind me asking whats up with the cellulite advert in your sig?

Reply to
japhar81

It's a new site I built. That's what a sigline exists for ;). I'm also working on LearnPHPNow.com and ThePHPGuide.com to help people learn how to write web applications with PHP. But for today... working on transferring servers =(. I have 3 dedicated servers.. about to trash one so I hafta move the sites over.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

in

Reply to
<memset

Looks like spam to me. :)~

Reply to
Mark C.

Then killfile me & move along, toad. Wait a minute, didn't you already claim to have killfiled me? Blah.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

wrote

Reply to
<memset

The only people in my killfile are spammers, obvious trolls and hurc ast. You may have misunderstood or I replied to the wrong message in the thread. Sorry for the mix up. Peace :)~

Reply to
Mark C.