Stupid screw

I've got a stripped screw on my carb. Any ideas on how to get the little asshole out? It's lubed but even pliers won't turn it. The rest needed some gentle pursuasion but gave up peacefully in the end. This one apparently wants death by police fire. Help!

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Nevermind. Some serious threatening with a hammer did the trick.

Now tell me why my carb has no ID tag on it. :) LOL I really gotta learn not to do car with on no sleep. K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

fock why would ya hit a carb with a hammer hack

h u r c a s t

Reply to
slimestickland34

Kidd Andersson wrote in news:3iq4tkFmue2aU1 @individual.net:

Because somebody took it off.

If you have a Motorcraft or Autolite 2V or 4V carb, not to worry. They basically make one rebuild kit that fits all. The year and model ought to be enough.

Reply to
elaich

I didn't hit the carb with a hammer. I put the screw driver on the screw and lightly tapped it to loosen up the rust and crap that was keeping it from coming out. And it worked, so who's the hack?

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Thanks. I thought it would be stamped on the outside. I didn't realize they used those tags. I did some research and figured it's an Autolite

2v carb. I also discovered after the "rebuild" the PO did, it had no gaskets in place at all except for at the coil housing. Things that make me go "Hmmmmm". This is a far cry from replacing generator brushes in a VW!

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

sure ya did like i believe ya LMFAO