SubFrame Connectors

Hi All,

I am thinking of putting subframe connectors on my 1985 Mustang GT...........is there any particular kind that is better out there?

Steph

Reply to
Steph

Maximum Motorsports or even better, Global West.

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Reply to
mustangjoe

Full length tubular subframe connectors. I don't know the difference between the brands really... but if they are full length & tubular.. they will be good. Hell, anything is better than nothing IMO. I'd check out GlobalWest though.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

I have the Global West full length subframe connectors on my 1991 GT, and they seem to work well enough. I'm not as fond of how they attach to the frame as I am with other connectors, but they do seem to eat up less ground clearance than other brands. They were also a major pain in the ass to weld in, but then pretty much anything is seeing as the subframe is quite thin in comparison to the mount points for the subframe connectors. They're very stout pieces however, and come with some nice powdercoating on them. Sadly, you have to remove large patches of that powdercoat in order to weld the things on, but the areas that can remain untouched look like they'd survive quite well in the harsh environment of an undercarriage.

Of the other models I've seen, it looks like the Maximum Motorsports ones would be pretty good. The Meier Racing models looked pretty nice as well, but I hear more good about MM than I do about much of anything else, aside from Griggs. Avoid the BBK ones... they're too thin to do as much good as they could. Also, avoid the bolt-in models. They're fine as long as you're going to weld them in, but a bolted subframe connector doesn't seem to be stout enough to do the job. Also avoid the half length connectors if you can.

You'll probably also want to avoid any of the "thru-floor" subframe connectors too, I believe Griggs makes a set of those. They're fine if you don't mind removing the carpeting, seats, and chopping a huge gash in the floorpan and I'm sure they work remarkably well. But they're best left to full on racing setups.

Reply to
The Hurdy Gurdy Man

Global West with the seat brace. Go to their web site and while you're there look at all the other neat bracing you will be wanting to add. On my

88GT 'vert I added the subs, upper & lower shock tower braces and a rear shock tower brace. It's like driving a brand new car.

Reply to
ironrod