Suspension: Question for you ExpertsŠ

I have a '03 GT convertible. I'm happy with it (at least until I buy an svt when the new ones are available in a couple of years), but I'd like to make a couple of improvements that aren't going to get me into warranty trouble.

I'd like it to be more rigid, and a little lower. I've read here about subframe connectors, which sound like a good idea, and also I've read here about the Bullit suspension kit. Would these two additions make sense? I wouldn't do any of the work myself, so I'm looking for mods that won't cost an arm and a leg to have installed for me.

Am I on the right track?

TIA

Reply to
Scudder

Yes you are, and dead center IMO.

MadDAWG

95 GT w/ Bullit kit.
Reply to
MadDAWG

I just received the Bullitt suspension kit that I ordered from Gene Evans Racing. I thought the price of $399 was very good. It consisted of Tokico shocks and struts,front and rear sway bars,600lb rated front springs, and 250 lb rate rear springs. May attempt to do the install with a friend or possibly have a local shop do it.

Martin

2002GT 5spd 243 rwhp 285 rwtq
Reply to
Martin

Damn, my Bullet suspension order from Summit Racing of July 2 is still on back order with a estimated ship date of Oct 15. I'll have the car stored for the winter by then.

Reply to
Richard

Just curious what did they charge you for shipping?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

that sucks. They only took about a week to get mine last year.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Shipping by UPS Ground GA to MA was $48.50 (93 pounds). Total time from order to delivery was 6 days.

Martin

2002GT 5spd 243 rwhp 285 rwtq
Reply to
Martin

Thats about what they told me as well. I got mine from Summit for $417 ($409+$8 order fee) to my door. Granted I didn't have to wait like Richard to get it. lol

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Better than the Bullitt springs would be the 1995 Cobra R spring set, front and rear, mated with Bilstein street valved struts and shocks, from Maximum Motorsports or the Saleen versions, for instance. A Saleen or Steeda tubular front bar, too. The Cobra R spring set will properly sort out the front and give you a more optimal ride height than the Bullitt set. Also suggest Global West or Maximum Motorsports tubular rear lower control arms with bearings one end and del-alum bushings other end. Sub-frame connectors with jacking rails further improve everything.

Phil

Reply to
Red Rocket

How much (as in inches,mm,etc) do '95 cobra R springs lower the car?

Reply to
Brent P

Any idea as to the price of the Cobra R suspension described?

Reply to
Richard