Swapping a Chevy 350 into a v6 mustang

YEa i know blasphemy but whatever I'm looking for some info on doing this.

I have access to a free Chevy LT1 from a wrecked 96 Caprice and I have an 86 LX mustang with a v6 that is in serious need of an upgrade. I was wondering if anyone knew of some websites or manufactures that would have some info or kits in order to get this completed, I know i have to upgrade some things with the suspension on the car and stiffen it up for the power and weight of the v8 I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. the mustang is a project car and the front fenders hood nose ect is allready off of it just waiting around to find out what exactly needs to be done, oil pan? crossmember? engine mounts?

Thanks

Reply to
facient

Personally, I think you'd be far better selling/trading the Mustang for something that would more conventionally fit the LT1. In the same situation I'd find an 80s F body to put it in or if you really want to get wild, find an old RX7 or Nissan Z car to put it in.

Reply to
WindsorFox

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1174760927.314129.186040 @e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

So don't ask such stupid questions here.

Reply to
elaich

The May, 2007 issue of Popular Hot Rodding, in an article titled "The Orphan", details swapping an LS1 into a 1990 Mustang.

I'm not a big believer in "cross swaps", but the article makes the process seem relatively straight forward.

There are bunches of 5.0 engine/trans combos floating around out there that would yield a much cheaper and more sensible swap.

LR

Reply to
LR