T-5 conversion problem - help please

Hello, I've been trying to complete a T-5 conversion and even bought the clutch cable kit but have run into a huge problem. Hopefully someone can provide me with some assistance so I can finally get my car running.

After installing the engine and T-5 in my 1967 mustang coupe, the engine now sits about 1" to 1-1/4" too high. The problem is the fan will cut into the upper radiator hose. The shifter is clear (even cut the shifter hole wider) and I raised the transmission up all the way (to try and tilt the engine down) and gained less than 1/4" clearance from the hose.

I've only changed the C-4. The tranny I'm using is from a 1984 Mustang GT

5.0 The numbers on the T-5 are E4ZR-7003-DA. According to the sources I've seen it should fit properly.

The only thing I can see is using lower engine mounts or an electric fan. Don't even know where to start with finding any of those on my small budget. Please help.

Reply to
actionace

Maybe, just maybe, we can make a day of it. You would be able to knock out meeting myself, Tom, Scoot Van Nest, and Chodrick. It is rare day when you can meet 4 RAMFM members in one shot.

I have an event in mind...gotta look into it first though.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

CRAP!!!!!!!!!! Wrong POST