T-Bird finished

Ford to halt Thunderbird production With sales falling, the roadster that returned with '02 model will again go on hiatus after July. March 11, 2005: 3:00 PM EST RESEARCH A CAR Get invoice and market prices, specs, reviews and photos ? Minivans ? Sedans ? SUVs ? Coupes/ Hatchbacks Check latest incentives

- Partner service: GET A QUOTE

- RESEARCH A USED CAR Get used car pricing, reviews, ratings, and more. Research used cars AAA: Open enrollment in N. CA, NV, UT

24-hour Emergency Road Service, Show Your Card & Save?? program, AAA maps,...
Affordable Financing, Good or Bad Credit We offer commercial, as well as consumer services. Whether you own a business or...
Fast Auto Loans for Bad Credit Qualify for a bad credit car loan online in 30 seconds before you apply. 93%...
Auto Loans for Bad Credit Get approved for an auto loan. Good credit or problem credit. Free, 60-second...
Ford will halt production of the Thunderbird in July, but intends to bring the namplate back at an unspecified time in the future. Ford will halt production of the Thunderbird in July, but intends to bring the namplate back at an unspecified time in the future. Auto loans Search for rates for new and used vehicles. Loan Type: State:

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ford plans to again stop production of its Thunderbird sports car after the current model year ends production in July.

Reply to
RichA

That's too bad. I liked it, but it was just far too over priced. If they could have gotten it into the $30Ks instead of the $40Ks, they'd have sold a pile of them. I know six people at my work who liked them, and would have bought at the mid to high $30Ks.

Same with the Chevy SSR. Neat vehicle, but that sticker just does not compute.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:45:29 -0800, Quiet Desperation wrote something wonderfully witty:

`04 SSR's are available in my area right now, brand new zero miles for about $32k. At that price I almost considered it, but it is useless as a truck which I need.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

It's their own fault. The under horsed and over priced it and many thought they could have done better with the body style they gave it. Too bad they are such quitters.

Reply to
SVTKate

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

they'd

What's the '05 with the new motor going for?

Joe

It's been said the reason for the pricing is because it has Lincoln/Jag underpinnings. If so, there is nothing they can do about the price. But, you'd think that for a car they designed "from the ground up" they'd give it some restyling and keep it going. It's kind of sad that it did match the 1950s T-Birds in many ways, and didn't sell in huge numbers, but there are many other past cars I'd like to see this done to that I would buy. Please take note, Chrysler.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

they just came out with the hemi charger for you, what a lovely car. NOT!

Reply to
big-spud

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:55:03 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

More, but who knows if it will hold. Same issues confronted the new GTO. The newer motor is making them sell better, but both cars had good early release sales in `04 (usually at a premium over sticker), but sales petered out quickly as supply ramp up. As usual only time will tell.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

personally, it thought it was butt-ugly.....they called it retro, but the front, back, sides or insides looked nothing like the 55-57s. and at the very least, for $40 you should have been able to get something besides an all black interior, without paying thousands extra.

they can't expect to sell many now with the new Mustang being so much more car for less $$

but....is it really going away? FoMoCo sure hasn't been developing new models. I think the 500/Montego is great - but it's only here because they used Volvo bits. The Mazda 6 is supposedly a nice little car, so here come Ford,Mercury and even Lincoln versions (from the company that used to run those "cookie cutter" anti-GM commercials). The Focus holds the all-time recall record. The CrownVic-Marquis-TownCar are as old as the last Mustang. New product seems to be mainly putting Lincoln grills on Ford trucks.

So.......what's at the auto shows for the last year, but the "new" Lincoln 2-place roadster......a TBird with a different grill and tail lights - even the doors interchange with the 'Bird.

Dang, if they get desperate enough, what will they make out of Mustangs when they have production capacity?

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

RichA opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well... having owned two MN12's and one '62 Bird, I'm looking forward to return of the 4-seater.

The Tbird always seemed to feature a unique driver feel, and the 90's series is the best fit I ever had in a road car. Other than my Mustangs of course.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Personally, I liked the early 1970s T-Birds. Big, comfortable with huge engines and very good looking. Best use of the opera window in any car.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA