T-Tops - Ever see one on a 69?

My first car was a 69 Mach 1 in 1977 and back then I toy'ed with getting T-tops. Never did get 'em but I always thought T-tops were cool on certain cars. Early 70's vettes, late 70's trans ams, 240Zs, (gag) even early 80's celicas... and I always wanted to see one on a

69 Mach 1. Wouldn't do it to mine today (a 69 Mach 1 all original) but I still can't help but wonder... has anyone ever seen it done. In my opinion the body lines beg for a T-top.
Reply to
Sean

Bill - I bet the '70 with a Targa top looked good, but that's expensive especially in today's $$$.

Reply to
Sean

Ever see a 69 Mach I Convertible ?? I "customized" one myself!

Here's proof!

Yup! That what is left of a 69 Mach I !

In the garage (in the 2nd pic), you can just see the stripped nose of my other 69 Mach I that I "was" restoring at the time. Uncle Sam saw the need to Strengthen the Nation's Security, and transferred my butt down to Montgomery,AL (of all places!). Hence, I was forced into the predicament of having to sell off my prized possession.

I'm STILL heartbroken... :>(

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu