Taking sideview mirror apart?

I've got the entire housing off of the 88 mustang but I cant tell how to get the mirro off to get to the motor. I see a screw back inbehind the mirror but no way to get to it.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Cameron

I ended up ripping the mirror from the plastic and then there were some screws underneath. I wonder where to pick up a side mirror motor cheap :-)

Reply to
Cameron

You can have new glass cut at your local glass shop very reasonably.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

I didnt break the glass, it was jsut glued on. Hoepfully I can pick up a cheap set of 87-93 mustang side mirrors on ebay and the motors will be the same.

Reply to
Cameron

I won a set of two side mirrors off a 1990 lx hatchback for $20 on ebay. Not sure if the housing is identical or not, but surely the motor is the same.

Reply to
Cameron