The 6-cyl Mustang is a dog

Next step is upgrading the turbos, fuel system and intercoolers. That should get me about 420hp and a bit over 400 ft/lbs of torque (at the rear wheels). That's pretty close to what you'd get from a recent vintage viper.....cept you've got AWD. 8-) You've now got a "family sedan" with lots of room, creature comforts, that can run low 12's with a trunk full of groceries and child seats in the back. 8-) And you can still take it out and play when it rains or snows. Try that with a Mustang! 8-)

I'm still looking for a way to utilize my 428cj engine that I took out of a wrecked '70 torino. I suspect it will eventually wind up in a cobra kit or a GT-500 lookalike.

Well, the Audi isn't really designed to be a "dragster." I suspect it would mop you up on a rally course, though. 8-) In real life...on the street, it's a very fast car....and not just in a straight line.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

It's all about marketing, Rich. Not every person, male or female, wants the

8 and all its expense. I'm not sure I would, in the current model. Of course, I'd likely lease one, and not modify it. I have a tricked '67 with a tuned and cammed 302 that satisfies my rubber-burning needs. I'd like me a nice V6 without its price premium as a daily driver. Yeah, I said it. Even an SN95 V6 would be nice.

So, you're down on this V6, fine. Just think back to the 232 V6 in the Mustang and Capri of 20 years ago. Garth can tell you that it was and is definitely smooth and reliable, and has decent torque. But even politely driven, with an automatic, it got 15-17 mpg and put out (they said) 110 hp. Floored forever, and in decent tune, my friend's '83 auto Capri did a whopping 113 mph. Woo-hoo. We paced it with a new Impala SS 454 in 1992. It just was not the goal of that car.

Reply to
Wound Up

I'm pretty confident I can (with a pair of slicks) run low 12's with the bottle pressure around 1100~1300psi... forgot to mention Steeda Tri-Ax shifter.. a godsend for people like me who like to powershift like a sumbitch... practically ripping the shifter out lol.

Ain't a damn doubt about it.. motors built from the factory for F/I are usually incredible. I'd LOVE to see your car (or any heavily modded A6) at the track.. would be a fuggin beast no doubt. Of course.. I wouldn't be dicking around with groceries in car OR kids in the back ;). I still take my Mustang out in the rain & snow though... as does Tommy.. no problems at all.

I'm not a rally driver by any means... turns frighten me. I'm a "dragster" kinda guy. The subframe connectors definitely help in the twisties, but I don't want to get too stiff of a suspension designed for twisties for fear that I won't be able to launch well on a drag strip!

Good luck w/ the 428CJ motor... I would love to have a project car, but time won't permit that kinda time-consuming hobby at the moment. If you do get around to doing something with it definitely keep me posted.. that's killer.

-Mike

Reply to
memset

I want to know how strongly that six was constructed before putting any kind of blower on it.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

I bet you it could easily take 6-9 psi with a safe tune. Blowers are installed on Explorers every day.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"" wrote: > On 18 Jul 2005 15:41:30 -0400, liquidplasma > wrote: > > >"" wrote: > > > Terrible performance for a six in this day > > > and age. Ford has clearly decided to not take > > > the Japanese route and provide real power > > > (I don't even believe the current rating for the > > > 6 at all) only to the V8. > > > -Rich > >

you can put the tauras supercoupe package on the mustang stock

3.8liter v6 with no problems at all. brings it up to 225hp/335torque yes 335 torque.If you have CAT etc well the its worth dynoing it to find out the end result
Reply to
liquidplasma

The stock V6 bottom end can take 9 psi with a good tune (to avoid detonation) easily.

Re-building and stronking the bottom end and going to forged internals on my

96 currently allows me to run 15 psi (making 364 rwhp) and I'm hoping to make more soon.

Reply to
KB

It does sound kinda.... kinky, doesn't it?

Reply to
Ralph Snart