The Big 2-1/2 ?

Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes through. Here's a link:

Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:bd- dnUHfePnPw0vYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see what shakes out before this is all over.

I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger... ;)

Reply to
Joe

I don't see it...

Given its line-up, or the possible new entries they "could" build, I can't figure out why Chrysler isn't rolling in money. It should be Chrysler buying GM, not a near-bankrupt GM trying to finance a buyout of Chrysler.

Hey, if it were me, I'd buy Chrysler, then dump Chrysler and just keep Jeep. Then I'd come out with the first-ever Jeep coupe, Jeep sedan, Jeep (true) station wagon.

I'd make a fortune.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Don't forget that many of Chrysler's more popular and best performing models are based on Mercede's chassis and drive trains. I can't see GM selling cars that are reskinned Mercede models or Mercedes letting them do it.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I would have thought Chrysler was solidly in the black too.

Jeep is the reason Chrysler bought AMC. It certainly wasn't for the AMC cars.

Remember your buddies here at ramfm when you get filthy rich. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:poGdnQosx5QNDUvYnZ2dnUVZ_r snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Guys, I must stress the fact that there's a winky at the end of the line above.

Here's a recent story from CNN:

Apparently, things ain't goin' so good.

Ramblers. Saw an awesome 390 AMX the other day.

Reply to
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:poGdnQssx5R4EkvYnZ2dnUVZ_r snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

That's the grey area. Spinning off Chrysler begs answers to a host of questions, starting with: "What happens to all the MB stuff presently in the DC cars?"

Reply to
Joe

Yeah. Like any of this discussion is serious. I wonder how the Chebby guys would take to having a Hemi under the hood, or vice versa? That'd be heresy. An upheaval in the universe...

Of course, that stuff probably matters only to us old farts who remember when.

:()

Reply to
dwight

If everyone thought that "D" was going to be the end of "C", this will definitely be the end. You can kiss that sweet looking Daytona Charger good bye and see it replaced with that fugly looking Mustang copying Camaro.

Reply to
WindsorFox

I would bet Chrysler owns it. If they spin off Chrysler they spin off all of it...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

IMO, Mercedes is in a real quandary with selling Chrysler. Aside from the Jeep brand the only cars worth selling is the ones that have Mercedes' "bones". If they exclude the 300C, Crossfire etc. from the deal then the value of Chrysler sinks like a stone. I can't see them selling their current technology to a competitor.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

What!?!?!? You're not serious? ;)

The deal to sell Chrysler would have more hair on it than a gorilla. It wouldn't surprise me if they never find a buyer.

My Mother drove around the the four-wheel drive Eagle compact (late 70s vintage). It actually wasn't a bad car for the time.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Depends on how good the marketing strategy is. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE