The Ford Mustang cannot be called a car ....

I think it should be called a TOY for little kiddies!

Reply to
Bruno Beam

That's one expensive toy...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

LOL!! I like my toy.

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

To exclude "toys for kiddies" from the definition of "car" would leave out nearly all the automotive icons out there. I wonder why you're reading a hobbyist group if you feel that way. Don't the Camry and the Accord have their own newsgroups?

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
one80out

Much like a PC in the hands of someone that desparately needs to find a life..

Reply to
Jim Warman

I don't want to grow, I'm a Ford's R Us kid. There's a million "toys" at Fords 'R Us that I can play with!

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

LOL..........what a troll.

Reply to
p51d007

I resemble that remark.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

No... that's MY job Jim.

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

At one time...so did I.

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars - Newly updated
Reply to
TurboMike

Bruno Beam opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

ol' Brun' prolly drives a '79 Cam-arrow!

naow thet's a REAL car... hit's got CORR-burr-aters!!!!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You must be a very lonely person.

Reply to
Bob

S'funny.... never had a 4 door car but now I buy 4 door trucks..... who'da thunk???

Every now and then we get a late model convertible pass through the lot...... (my ultimate car would be a '69. but there could be a whole 'nother story).... Mrs. mechanic would be more than happy if I drove one of them home one day. Sadly... home renos first - then my SuperDuty crew cab - it'd be nice to trade the Sporty in on a SofTail Springer (with the 88, of course).... and mechanic jr. is gonna need help buying a truck to haul his quad...... SHEEEEITTTT.... I'll still be working when I'm 80 just to pay for this crap...

Reply to
Jim Warman

That's a classic. Like "I remember when a tatoo was a sign of NON-conformity."

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
one80out

Nice try, better luck next time. Be sure and stop in and play again.

Reply to
boB

Man thats wierd, i was just asking my buddy why do all old people drive buicks? Anyone care to answer why? :)

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

So many factors you left out... like what is "old"? What year model Buick?

If you mean old Buicks, it could be because back in the 40s, and 50s, Buick had an excellent rep and they build go fast cars.... it might take a while to get up there, but once you did, you could cruise along at 100+ with very little effort.

My grandfather was a professional mechanic. His car of choice, which he bought brand new, was a 52 Buick Roadmaster. When he finally parted with it in the late 80s, it was still in mint condition, and would still bust 100+.

Also, those old cars, though not as safe by today's standards, will see the riders through a collision with a newer car. It's all about MASS and steel vs smaller plastic cars.

So, today, many of those "older" drivers, who grew up with the quality of the older Buicks, naturally gravitate toward the purchase of another... just as some people would never drive a Chevy, and others would never drive a Ford. They also have a sense of safety and roominess in those big ol' Buicks... like riding around in a Brinks truck or a tank.

F>Man thats wierd, i was just asking my buddy why do all old people drive buicks?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

I first got interested in them when I was 16. That's almost 20 years ago now. But then again I still drive an old Buick too. They tend to turn you into torque fiends.

As far as old people driving new Buicks - just look at them! They aren't designed to appeal to the 20 somethings. The last muscular versions, the GN/Ttypes, were a little spendy when compared to a 5.0 Mustang. They were also quite a bit more plush. They were marketed more towards the late 30 and older crowd.

I'd still like them to make a GS version of the GTO (with some better/Buick styling queues). I'm not in the market for an SUV yet, but the Rainier is appealing with it's 5.3 V8 (Baby brother to the LS1 motor).

Or, maybe we just don't know any better.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I'm old..... current rides include a 92 Explorer, 02 SuperCrew and 03 Sportster.... I owned an Oldsmobile once (but I was young then) and never had a Buick. I was thinking of having a blue oval tatooed on my errrrr, on my ummmm..... but figured that after the tatoo lady, it would always be a blue circle that said "FD" instead of an oval that said "FORD".

My Dad never owned a Buick (my Grandpa never owned a car). My father in law had a John Deere, once... but I'm not sure that qualifies.

You call this thread wierd???? The initial question was wierd (as are most of your questions)....

Reply to
Jim Warman