The GT500 insanity continues...

I don't think I'll ever understand WHY people get so crazy when it comes to the GT500.

I previously posted how, after looking for quite some time, I stumbled across one for $500 _under_ MSRP. I was pretty darn pleased. All said and done, with NAV,MACH1000, HID and some other piddly stuff, under $49k.

Drove that puppy straight out to the Superbowl (grr), tooled around Vegas for a week, then meandered back along the southern route home. A little over 6000 miles in total. It's a nice car, but, I wasn't particularly impressed. It definitely needs a tune to wake it up, I'm sure it is running pig-rich just like the '03 did as delivered, and the electronic throttle, blech! The best way to describe the throttle response is "laggy". Don't get me wrong, I like the car overall. The potential is there, but its not a $50k car. IMO, it's still a $25k car,.. with a very decent motor in it. :)

As far as the Mustangs go, I'll stick with the '03 Cobra for the time being. There's a new Kenne Bell on the way, to replace the ported Eaton. I'll look for a GT500 Conv., in a couple of years, on the secondary market.

Today was the last ride in my GT500. Yesterday, there was a card on the windshield. On that card were 2 numbers. One was a telephone number, the other, a ludicrous figure that made absolutely no sense to me. I figured it was a joke, somebody messin' around.

I called the number.....

He said it was _exactly_ what he'd been looking for.

Hmm,... what can I buy for $75,000.00?

Reply to
John C.

take the money an run....... how long doe it take to save up $25k ?

Reply to
Mary

BIG SNIP>

Drive by wire doubles the normal EFI throttle lag IMO. Don't like it in my '07 GT at all.

75k , I would give a ZO6 a spin, supposed to be damned near a street legal race car and those who have'em like'em
Reply to
Repairman

Looks like there is quite a bit to gain on a GT500 by getting a tune, including improved throttle response...

Looks like Lidio picked up a pretty good amount of HP simply by tuning...

John S.

i test drove a 2007, but then decided to fix up the 93 5.0. that throttle lag was pissin me off

Reply to
gernic