The I have more money than sense page! - eBay

check out the price on this holley carb!

Reply to
winze

Does the CAR come as an accessory ?

WTF is so speshul' bout that carb ?

Chief_Wiggum

That would be DAMN FUNNY if it weren't so damn pathetic...

351CJ

CobraJet

Oops, I hit send before I mentioned that certain Holleys that are original to certain rare applications have gone through the ceiling, so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure the seller is jazzed.

Anyway, I came back to this group for a second to see if anyone knows where I can find an instruction book or whatever for this breakout box:

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
CobraJet

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

CJ...

I'm guessing that, being 60 pins on the EEC-IV connector, this just lets you tap into whatever pin is assigned to what device according to your car's schematic diagram. They vary by vehicle.

The book "How to Understand, Service, and Modify Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control" by Charles O. Probst, SAE provides a lot of insight as to how the EEC systems work, as well as gives diagrams for most of the cars in the book's specified range. Mine is the '88-93 version... I believe there was an older one, but I'm not sure there was a newer one. Most of the vehciles didn't change much between '93 and '95, and OBD-II (EEC-V) reared its ugly head around '96 in most Ford vehicles.

If there's a certain device you're looking to troubleshoot, or a certain car, I could probably scan the diagram page you need that will tell you what all of the pins do... but I recommend getting the book as it explains all of the operating ranges of the sensors as well.

JS

Reply to
JS

You cannot buy stuff like this retail. It is numbered for that particular engine, and is prime material for concours restoration. 20 years ago, I remember Boss 429 carb cores going for 800 dollars.

Holley *has* re-issued certain muscle carbs, including the 428 Cobra Jet's 735. I don't know how close they are to original or if correct for concours. I *do* know that carb is required for Stock, Super Stock, and Factory Stock drag classes, so there is a demand outside of the concours venues for it. I'll be willing to bet that the 390-horse Vette carb is not going to be repro'd any time soon.

Reply to
CobraJet

This currently belongs to a friend. My interest was whether it would work on my '97 CV. If not, then it is basically up for sale to whoever can use it.

Reply to
CobraJet

Damn!, the winner started out at $300, I guess they *really* needed it!

Reply to
John

V'ger opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ever go to an estate auction?

People go temporarily insane at auctions

I used to go with my dad and it was nothing to see a 10 year old Frig go for close to what you would buy a new one.. with same features... for.

cars that would sell for considerably more than they would from a private seller ad , close to "lot" price.

The only GOOD time to go to a REAL Auction is when the weather is miserable. Then you get some good deals... otherwise every old hacked up painted 3 times pine cabinet pulls in hundreds of bucks.

Some things on Ebay are the same.

My kid used to go to Meijer and Walmart and buy new video games when they first came out then put them up on Ebay and make at least 15 %.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The '66 390-horse Vette carb *is* repro'd by Holley, but not the '67. One year difference, and 2500 bucks more.

I'm glad I'm not in this game.

Reply to
CobraJet

Did I mention I have original 83 and 85 holley carbs for Mustangs ? :-)

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Doubtful unless your '97 CV is EEC-IV. I'm about 98% sure that it's EEC-V instead. While there were 4.6L CVs with the EEC-IV, I think everything Ford was EEC-V by '97.

What's your friend looking to get out of it?

JS

Reply to
JS

Don't know. What's it worth? Any idea?

Reply to
CobraJet

Unfortunately, I've no idea what it's worth. I'm kinda interested... I still work on the EEC-IV cars every now and then, even though I've sold all of mine. I guess it depends on the price.

Doing a couple minutes of research, there's an aftermarket one on Ebay for a little over $100. Not really worth it for me though, but I guess your friend could put it there and see what it'll sell for?

JS

Reply to
JS

I own it now, so I may entertain offers before I Bay it. My CV is confirmed EECV.

Reply to
CobraJet

It's worth about $25 to me. I know you can get more than that out of it, but if you're willing to let it go for that... let me know. I'll be checking this thread.

JS

Reply to
JS

Cool, I have one like this lying around. I was just going to toss it too.

Reply to
Mark

One like which one?

Reply to