The Korean Mustang Arrives In 2010

Here's another peak at what it will look like.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Hmmmmmm. 4.6L V8, RWD? Still looks like a tiburon on steroids.

Scott W. '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Reply to
Scott W.

That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

The newer Tib styling is nice but it's WAY underpowered. It hasn't got the grunt that the styling promises. Even with a V6; and from what I hear, there's no aftermarket support to make it perform.

The original Tib, YECH. Of course, that's just my opinion. If they can make the new one run like it sounds like it should, then we should have a nice little pony car war coming on with Korea thrown in the mix now too. And knowing how Hyundai has worked these last many years, we'll probably be able to get into their V8 for about the same price as the V6 'Stang, and WAY less than the MoPar and bowtie crowd.

Scott W. '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Reply to
Scott W.

It will keep the domestics honest if they want to compete. Just look at the GT500 if you want to see how Ford treats their customers when there is no competition.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:-7-dnYg39-xXj7DanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

> [...]

Now what's that supposed to mean? I'm no GT500 customer, but I'd guess that Ford doesn't give a rat's ass who buys them, just as long as somebody buys them. Especially over MSRP.

Reply to
Joe

If Chevy or Chrysler offered a 500 hp Camaro or Challenger for $35k-$40k and held that price, how many GT500 would go for $50k-$60k? Ford cornered the market on high hp pony cars and took every advantage of it. Even when they said early on that they wouldn't. I hope this new Korean pony car puts the fear of God in Ford. They need some competition from someone in this segment.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Ah, Joe, when Ford Motor Company sits back and not only allows but encourages it's dealership network to gouge their customers they garner absolutely NOTHING positive from it, period.

What could have been a win-win-win situation for all, has evolved into a whole lot of bad feelings, bad press and many sour Ford customers.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Michael Johnson wrote in news:T_- dnROrVtroqbDanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I think Ford's going to get their ass handed to them in a sling once the hi-power Challengers and Camaros hit the street. When the Tiburon/Genesis arrives, Ford will already be going down.

Reply to
Joe

"My Name Is Nobody" wrote in news:DVdXi.1563$Zz.1425 @trnddc07:

It's been that way for years, and it will probably continue until Ford goes down the tubes, which apparently isn't that far away.

Reply to
Joe

I think depends on how everything is priced. The new Hyundai car will put pressure on all of them, IMO.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 02:49:20 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

While I'm not a customer for one either, I doubt highly Ford the corporation cares what they retail at as long as the dealer buys them.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:50:26 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Every couple of years Ford gets their ass handed to them, falls back, regroups & reinvents one of their golden age products, sees success, then rests on its laurels again.

One of the greatest things they do is reinvigorate the market segment & get other manufactures to respond with other vehicles to compete. Do you think that GM & Chrysler (or who ever owns them this week) would have ever brought back their Pony Cars if Ford had not seen first year success with the Mustang?

If the new Camaro & Challenger do enjoy segment success I'm quite sure we'll see Ford respond. At least (IMO) Ford is usually causing the others to respond with some innovations in the market segment they originally defined. Ford was the only one with a RWD Pony Car for quite a while.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

Michael Johnson wrote in news:7ISdnRX5LrBTT7DanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Absolutely. Competition's great for the consumer. The more the merrier.

Reply to
Joe

The Wolf With the Red Roses wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Aside from the Mustang, what was one such recent product?

I think Chrysler's decision to bring the Challenger to market was based more on their existing company philosophy and the SRT concept more than the Mustang's presence. GM may be another story.

I'll bet that if Ford responds to the competition, it'll be too little too late as usual.

Reply to
Joe

"Ed" wrote in news:84ydnckITrcNddDanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

And what have you been smoking?

Compared to Corvette and Viper, the GT500 is a "cheap sports car", albeit expensive.

Reply to
Joe