The Mistress goes 13.2 at 105 MPH!

Thought I would share my adventures at the track last weekend. This was the first chance I've had to run the Mistress at the track since we ran her in July. July was 90+ degree heat at Norwalk, where she ran 13.4 to

13.5 all weekend... However Nowalk was probably the stickiest track I've ever been on! LOL! So this last weekend I headed out to the local tracks... The temps were a lot better but the tracks were pretty slippery...(TnT at the little local tracks means little prep) finding traction was tough... even with the drag radials...

Saturday's best run was 13.229 @ 104MPH... this was with a tailwind...

Sunday I was running 13.4 @ 103 with a headwind (different track)... after making some tweaks in the tuning I was able to pull off a 13.262 @ 105!

Now... the best I have ever run the car was 13.13 on a 125HP shot of N20... and proceded to break a piston on the next run! OUCH! Now with the Vortech, The Mistress is a solid 13.2 car... and more importantly it's repeatable! LOL!

Time slips and more details are at :

John S.

Thats amazing for an amercan V6. What are the V8's with a vortech running the 1/4 in? I have a 1996 cobra that runs 13.65 with stock engine and 4.11 gears. Whats the compression ratio of that engine? Can you add more bosst reliably?

Reply to
dave

Kewl man....some day when all my bills are paid, I'll be running a similar setup on my 06 pony. Maybe by then it'll be cheaper...saw your times on the Mustang forum and was pretty impressed then. Thanks for taking the forefront so guys like me know what combo works when we have enough jack in our back pocket...

Reply to
chris

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Thanks! The 4.0L has a CR of 9.7:1. Now we still have my original "broke" motor sitting on the shelf... we'll be rebuilding it this winter... and of course one thing we'll do is rebuild it for more boost! LOL! Personally I wouldn't go above the 10#'s I've got now with that Vortech... although I know of some guys that are running 12 to

14#'s...

Not sure exactly what the GT guys are getting with there Vortechs... With just the Vortech (non-intercooled) I think Lidio from alternative auto was in the high 11's (maybe mid??)... this is with an automatic and 20 inch street tires

Reply to
John S.