THE Problem With 5.0 Mustangs

I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better. Rapping one out at

7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee can. How can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi dump trucks sound? Those sound really good for a Dodge.

winnard

Reply to
winnard

You never heard one at seven because the rev limiter kicks in at 6,250.

If you're going to troll, at least come in informed. And don't crosspost to the college football NG... those guys don't want to hear about 5.0 Mustangs.

Better luck next time.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Aftermarket mufflers will (obviously) produce a different sound. Check

for some examples. Btw.. I didn't know FoxMustangs kept making power at 7,000 RPM..

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Nooooo i'm troll bait!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Nevermind the facts, winnard, just give me the details!

The problem is that you're talking about some frenchified engine. The Litre crap is a dead giveaway. That's why you get that fart sound.

Real engines have numbers like 442 and 383. Good old fashioned American square inches.

Reply to
Bill Lang

How about I send your post to Cox abuse? I'm sure one of the guys I know that read and post in the news groups will be glad to issue a TOS notification on your account. THat will really make mommy mad if you get her and daddy's ISP account turned off.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Not everything can sound as good as a Hemi gettin on it.

Reply to
MoParMaN

Ummm.....try *cubic inches*;-) H

Reply to
Hairy

I fail to see how "cubic inches" is any less gay than "litres"...how many pints?

Reply to
Trevor Zion Bauknight

No surprise, there. H

Reply to
Hairy

Not everything can sound as good as a Hemi gettin' on it. "It" being on the back of a flatbed wrecker because the hemi has been spewin' parts all over the highway for the past 15 or 20 miles.

Reply to
Pauli G

Trevor Zion Bauknight opined in news:trev- snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

"Gay"!!!!

What a freakin immature viewpoint.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

iPod with a little electrical connection to the accelerator. You owe me $1. - Tony

Reply to
Tony Lima

You are obviously a moron of the nth degree and no nothing of which you speak. My Dodge Ram 2500HD with a slightly modified 5.7 liter Hemi Magnum has never broken. Although, I only get 12.5 MPG when I'm not eating you pissant ford owners for lunch, I enjoy feeding it fuel in the hopes yet another F150 Lightning wants to get his ass wooped. Btw, I've got almost a

100K on it now, pull a 13000 pound fifth wheeler and have still done nothing but normal maintenance......Hell, a chicken shit mustang would have already needed an engine overhaul. HHAAAA

RSFCking losers!!!

Reply to
MoParMaN

AAAHHHHAAAAAA.....This made me laff.

Reply to
MoParMaN

I wish I would pull up to you at a light in my old 165,000 mile stock '94 lightning. It's old, and it has its problems, but the only hemi trucks that even come close have nitrous. I'm not saying anything bad about the Hemi or dodge, just certain HEMI owners who think they are king. Oh, and I've raced about 25 Hemi powered trucks at the track with my old pile and i've only been beaten by one, and he had a 100 shot on top of every other bolt-on imageinable and unbolted exhaust. He had a regular cab, shortbed, 5 speed with the 3.92 axle. He ran a 14.6 at 94 compared to my 14.8 at 91. Basically, it took him 200 extra horses to beat me by .2 seconds and 3 mph. Again, i'm not saying these trucks are bad, they are just not built for drag racing or speed. The lightning on the other hand, was made for speed(sure, its not that fast, but it runs ok for a 4500 lb stock pickup with 165000 miles). The lightning also works very well for towing and hauling as I have used mine to tow a race car on a few occasions and use it all the time for hunting. Mine has never had a valve cover off and the transmission is still going strong as well. When your dodge is 11 years old with 165,000 miles we'll have to line them up at the track. ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white mustang

Reply to
Erik D.

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA...

I hear the same thing every day, yet none has won...

Let's hear the story on what you did to a Dodge SRT-10.

Reply to
MoParMaN

I kicked a Hemi trucks ass in my Murano. Soundong good didn't do his ego any good at that point.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]
4 4 2 was never an engine size
Reply to
Hykel

Not only that, 442 was not and engine size. What an ultra-moron ROFL....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]