The Z/28 Returns with 556 HP

Seems the Caddy CTS V mill will power the upcoming Z/28.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Honestly, I'd rather have the CTS.

Reply to
WindsorFo

At least the CTS isn't so butt ugly that you are ashamed to drive it. Can't say the same for the Camaro

Reply to
Hawgman

Could say the same about the 2010 Mustang.... I loved my 2002 Mustang and really loved my 2005 Mustang.... But sorry, the 2010 is plain over styled and the rear is you as say "Butt Ugly". Ford really hit it out of the park with the S197 but for 2010 they just tweaked it way to much!

So i voted with my money and went with the 2010 Camaro...

Reply to
John S.

I never cease to be amazed how opinions can differ so much. I thought the

2005 redesign was really good, too, but I also think that the 2010 looks SO much better. And I agree that the Camaro is just too much. Reminds me of Transformers.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I agree with dwigh, mostly: the 2005 was good to excellent, the 2010 has been adjusted in a positive direction, pinching the corners in makes it look a bit more wieldy, the Camaro does not bear inspection in most aspects.

I would like to see the discarded candidates for the 2010 Mustang back end. Change for the sake of change stumbled there, I think.

Reply to
Frank ess

The back end of the 2010 Mustang is the part I just cannot get past... I could have accepted the rest of the car... but just can't stand that rear... If they had left the rear alone I would been more likely to go with the Mustang... but as it is... ugh..

Funny thing... I seen all the pictures and stuff of the new Camaro and had ZERO interest in it based on just that... That was until I seen one in person... Don't know how to explain it but the car just doesn't seem to "translate" well from real life viewing to 2 dimensional pictures... at least for me anyways... I was literally shocked how much better the car looks when you actually can walk around it and take it all in...

Oh... had the car for a couple of weeks... walking by the car with my

3 year old and she looks up at me and says, "I really wish it would turn into a Robot" Apparently someone has been telling her about Transformers! LOL
Reply to
John S.

IMO the Camaro is better viewed in person. I want to test drive one but no testers in my area yet, most are ordered cars coming in or they sell right away. I need a 3 pedal car to test anyway. I have driven a '10 GT 3 pedal car and compaired to my '07 GT 3 pedal the only changes are less road noise coming from the back of the car, less lag in the drive by wire throttle, suspension sounds tighter on the bumps. Exaust has a tad more sound also. It has a inside trunk release and a outside temp. gauge, things that should have been in the earlier car. I don't like the cheesy looking LCD radio display or the ugly rear of the car either. Oversized backup light lenses give it the ricer boy aftermarket look that I don't like. The angled ends are too Accord like for me. Nose is acceptible to me, but the tail, nope it's fugly. I'll keep mine, new car is not worth the trade up penalty IMO.

Reply to
Repairman

I like the 2010 Mustang better as well. The camaro... there wasn't any camaro styling ever that I liked so not liking the current version probably doesn't mean much.

Reply to
Brent

The last Camaro looked like a blown-up Saturn, this new one looks too computer generated with no human input. I just don't feel it.

I look forward to the 2011 Mustang with the dual overhead cammed 5.0, Boss and GT500. Oh, not that I really care but the Eco-Boost V6 too.

Reply to
GILL

No Eco-Boost V6 for the 2011...

Reply to
John S.

I agree that the 2010 is overstyled, at the front and especially the rear. What the 2005-2009 really would have benefitted from styling-wise is the "hips". As a "retro" styling theme it was absolutely pervasive through all car lines and almost all models, large and small, from the mid '60s on.

I wonder if the 2005+ nose and rear panel could be grafted onto a "hips" body ?

rd

Reply to
RD Jones

Well, I certainly ain't going to disagree with you on the 2010 Mustangs. They dropped the ball big time on the rear end. And the front end looks like someone squashed it down or something. Plus it just has too much of a plastic look.

As for the Camaro. Congratulations. Enjoy it.

Reply to
Hawgman