%#*! Thieving S.O.B.'s

Yea, I know it's not a big thing, went to home depot, someone sniped my billet antenna. Well, on the bright side, the car was still there LOL! Their Karma will come back to them.

Reply to
SVTKate

Probably some little kid. I used to be bad when I was little and me and friends used to steal antennas and chrome caps. I feel horrible about it now, but I don't get mad when mine get stolen(so far, twice) Now I just have regular caps on my tires. I was taught a serious lesson when I got caught doing that, hopefully the kid who stole yours is getting taught that same lesson. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

When I was a kid, I had a big brother that was into hot rods. If I had done anything liek that, he would have made me feel just awful. I went through a spree here a while back where the little Mexican kids were stealing my valve caps while I was at work... Man it pissed me off.

It's just that now, I have to go fork out the $25 for another one, all the crap and hassle, and they prolly won't use it for anything anyway!

Kate

| | Probably some little kid. I used to be bad when I was little and me and | friends used to steal antennas and chrome caps. I feel horrible about | it now, but I don't get mad when mine get stolen(so far, twice) Now I | just have regular caps on my tires. I was taught a serious lesson when | I got caught doing that, hopefully the kid who stole yours is getting | taught that same lesson. | Erik D. | '94 white lightning |

Reply to
SVTKate

Used to be?? Heh, I have a feeling if she had caught him, he'd have gone home with long red welts everywhere. Now that's a mental image. An 'ole lady in the Home Depot parking lot whoppin the crap outta some kid with a car radio antenna. Makes me hurt just thinking about it ROFL! "AND IF YOU EEEVAH TOUCH MY DAMN CAR AGIN I WILL LOPP YOUR NUTS OFF and I will KILLL YOU!!! Just imagine the sound an antenna makes whippin through the air @ 9000 miles an hour and on a denham clad butt.... EYEEYAH!!!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Reply to
<memset

I need to google Kate's post last year on 'tough love'. I'm 42 tears old, been living on my own for 24 years and I still get shivers up my spine reading it.

Kate's a tough bird, no doubt about it.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Yeah, I remember that one. She's a good mom though sounds like! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

hmmm.... I wonder if there is a way to energize the antenna so it would give them a shock when they grabbed it??????

Reply to
Sustang

Reply to
joe

Maybe the Mustang Gods will cause this moron to trip and fall on the darned thing, impaling him before all of his friends. Good start, IMO.

Most of the punks I've seen do this pull the antenna, then use it to snap several holes into the windshield for fun.

I always take the beater when I have to park in public lots. Let 'em wail on that stupid thing, while the GT sits home in a locked, heated garage. This strategy will prevail until our laws change, allowing hard-working Mustang owners to slice-n-dice parking lot thieves.

----------------------------------------------------- Note: Only mail from those on my white-list are ever viewed. Attatchments always cheerfully dumped - no exceptions. Have a nice day.

JD Adams

That sucks!

Well all I can say is the thieves in your part of the world have better taste then here in Southern California. Many years ago my wife and I went out to pick up some chicken for dinner and parked her escort pony (a real thrill ride that car was) just outside the place. I glanced outside and noticed a van full of 'day laborers' pull up next to her car and the guys got out and milled about.

I didn't think much about it until the next morning when I got a call from my wife telling me she had to turn on the wiper blades on the way to work (it started raining very hard) and one of the blade inserts detached and the wiper arm wasted her windshield. She also noticed that the ford emblem was pried off the deck lid and missing.

So total repairs were a pair of wiper blades (about $5.00), a ford emblem (about $15.00 I think) and a friggin new windshield!

What kind of idiot tries to steal a used wiper blade insert for a ford escort pony? I can 'see' taking the ford emblem -- I have always been partial to Fords ;) -- but a stinking wiper blade insert?

steve

(I miss my 98 cobra convertible -- sold it to help pay for the kid's college tuition. Only complaint was the clutch diameter was too small that year -- well it could have used 100 more HP )

previous owner of 65 GT (289 4V / C4)

96 GT coupe

Wife currently drives a 98 GT convertible.

Have a lotto ticket -- Those GT40's are tempting and the 03' cobras have a nice powerplant although I dont much care for the bodystyle compared to the 98's, but I could learn to live with it :)

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
steve

ROFLLLLL!! Just like when my grandma would make us girls go down to the creek and cut a switch... if it broke while she was whoopin us... we had to go get a new one..

You're closer than you might think!

| > SVTKate wrote: | >

| >> Yea, I know it's not a big thing, went to home depot, someone sniped my | >> billet antenna. | >> Well, on the bright side, the car was still there LOL! Their Karma | >> will come | >> back to them. | >>

| > Probably some little kid. I used to be bad when I was little and me and | > friends used to steal antennas and chrome caps. I feel horrible about | > it now, but I don't get mad when mine get stolen(so far, twice) Now I | > just have regular caps on my tires. I was taught a serious lesson when | > I got caught doing that, hopefully the kid who stole yours is getting | > taught that same lesson. | > Erik D. | > '94 white lightning | >

| | Used to be?? Heh, I have a feeling if she had caught him, he'd | have gone home with long red welts everywhere. Now that's a mental | image. An 'ole lady in the Home Depot parking lot whoppin the crap | outta some kid with a car radio antenna. Makes me hurt just thinking | about it ROFL! "AND IF YOU EEEVAH TOUCH MY | DAMN CAR AGIN I WILL LOPP YOUR NUTS OFF | and I will KILLL YOU!!! Just imagine the sound an antenna makes whippin | through the air @ 9000 miles an hour and on a denham clad butt.... | EYEEYAH!!! | | | -- | Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site. |

SVTKate

Geeze Ralph... You're 42, no sense being afraid... as long as:

You tell the truth You show respect to others You're honest You work hard

You've been good... right? *over the glasses look*

:)

Kate

| > > Used to be?? Heh, I have a feeling if she had caught him, he'd | > > have gone home with long red welts everywhere. Now that's a mental | > > image. An 'ole lady in the Home Depot parking lot whoppin the crap | > > outta some kid with a car radio antenna. Makes me hurt just thinking | > > about it ROFL! "AND IF YOU EEEVAH TOUCH MY | > > DAMN CAR AGIN I WILL LOPP YOUR NUTS OFF | > > and I will KILLL YOU!!! > whapp! whapp!!!> Just imagine the sound an antenna makes whippin | > > through the air @ 9000 miles an hour and on a denham clad butt.... | > > EYEEYAH!!! | > >

| > > -- | > > Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site. | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Yes mamm....

Reply to
Ralph Snart

People will steal anything! I had 4 8" woofers in the rear deck of my old Cougar, and sombody smashed their way in and stole one of them. ONE! What are they gonna do with one (and what am I gonna do with 3!). I personally think they gave up, as I had 8 toggle bolts holding each woofer down :).

Kate, as for your antenna, coat the threads with loc-tite and crank that sucker down with a set of channel-locks :)

CoogarXR

1983 351w Project
Reply to
CoogarXR

I think the idea with the wiper blades was more of a sabotage thing that worked. No one noticed it was missing and the knew that when she turned them on, the wiper arm would score the windshield. The emblem was just a trophy of a damaged car.

Reply to
Greg B.

My 1993 GT was stolen 3 times. It had it's tires/rims stolen 4 times. Once with it's alarm from an underground parking garage, twice from my driveway, once from a mall parking lot. I got it back each time, but the cost when they rifle your ignition is around $1000 because not only does it have to be repaired, all the locks have to be changed. My 2001 GT has not be stolen. Mustangs are now WAY off the top

10 most stolen list thanks to ignition killing technology. But did my insurance go down? Nooooooooooo.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Man you guys must live in some crappy areas, or just have bad luck!

I've NEVER had a problem with anyone swiping or vandalizing anything on my cars ! All of the damage I've sustained has been because of my own dumb arse!

Although a buddy of mine had some bad luck with his H2.

Some punks pried the H2 emblem off of it. Wouldn't be so bad if the little bastards would just take the logo and go, but it looks like they used a crowbar, or giant screwdrivers, and gouged up the paint all around the thing causing $500.00 worth of damage to the truck!

not that I'm an H2 fan, but even GM's deserve more respect than that :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum