Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Anybody ever notice that there are "three" hosts on "Two Guys Garage" on Speed Channel????

Reply to
66 6F HCS

They have been working the bald guy into the show for the last couple of seasons. I wonder if the tall guy has had some medical problems. He started to look a little tired to me a couple of seasons ago at about the time the bald guy started showing up.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

LOL no! Too funny.

Reply to
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up

Two of the guys own it, the other is just a bum who hangs around asking stupid questions.

Reply to
One of Juba's Critics

Yes. But worse than haveing 3 guys on a show called Two Guys, have you noticed they NEVER have an "oh shit!" moment or a bold that won't loosen, and the car starts on the first crank after installing the nitrous wet system with a 24lb blower/turbo combo with optional superduper jet pack. Of course no dyno tuning needed as well!

Great show, but certainly entertainment; with the operating room cleanliness and ease of installations it makes it super obvious they have normal car guys set up the whole thing and have the hosts come in for the last 1 and 3/4 turn of the rachets and torque wrenches.

I got REALLY upset when I saw Sam Memolo pushing "The Tornado". I though with so many good products for I just CAN'T believe this guy is pushing

*this* POS.

66 6F HCS wrote:

Reply to
Jimmy

I like the way they never have a job take that ever possible giant leap sideways.... you can eat off the shop floor, none of these "broken" cars ever leak, none ever have a frozen bolt and none have intermittent problems.

I never watch the show but I would think that, if they want a third body in the shop, it should at least be some "eye candy".

Reply to
Jim Warman

I do indeed have a friend who's shop you could conduct surgery in. He is way anal about a place for everything and everything in its place and has got mops & buckets along with plenty of Quick-Dri. More then one Muscle Car has puked its precious bodily fluids all over the floor, but they do not stay there for long.

From the interior shots I've seen of Jay Leno's working garage it is also a rather clean & tidy place.

Ah the infamous Tool Girl.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Wasn't her name Mimi?

Reply to
John

The best episode I ever watched was them installing a Holley CFI.. for some reason, I, then, got the impression they werent gonna show me anything I wouldnt learn sooner and better on the 'net.

But they certainly werent as bad as "This Old House" in never getting crossed up. On the other side of the coin.. the show on "Flipping houses",,, these people are supposed to be Pro's, yet they seem surprised to find - inevitably - that they have to replace all the floor joists and foundation because of rot.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

AND... always run over budget AND get shut down by inspectors pretty regularly...

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I would have loved for that brunette to have been my tool girl.

Reply to
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up

Heidi. ARRRROOOOOOO!!! Pant pant

Reply to
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up

OH AND.... Wound Up suits you SO much better.

nyaah!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It's pretty awkward, though, don't you think? I mean it's an adjective. Obie is my actual nickname, and it was my dad's at one time. I'm still the same anxious, testy, blabbering freak of nature I've always been. I just haven't really liked the 'nym "Wound Up" for a while now.

OK DAMMIT??

Reply to
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up

All that doesn't really matter, when you have the high dollar epoxy floor cover that kind of stuff wipes right up!

Reply to
WindsorFox

: > nyaah! : >

: : It's pretty awkward, though, don't you think? I mean it's an adjective. : Obie is my actual nickname, and it was my dad's at one time. I'm : still the same anxious, testy, blabbering freak of nature I've always : been. I just haven't really liked the 'nym "Wound Up" for a while now. : : OK DAMMIT?? : :

NO - DAMNIT! WoundUp suits your personality better. Obie is Like Obie One Karnuba or some such Star Wars nonsense. a real belly button contemplator. I think the only belly buttons YOU contemplate are on girls! Not that it is a bad thing, but you get my drift.

But, you can be whoever you want to be and if you don't like a nick, then change it to whatever you want it to be.

You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me

J/K

ok, damnit?

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I appreciate the input. I truly am wound tighter than a snare drum. I'm only laid back when unconscious (and even then, only sometimes). The 'nym just seemed awkward. For now, I've changed f.k.a. to a.k.a. At least it's not "d.b.a.", right? ;) Speak NOT of him, I know....

And do I -ever- have a thing for tan little belly buttons. Ah, summertime... so far away until I feign complete disinterest in all the hotties prancing around

Boring is not my style and never has been.

ALRIGHT THEN damnit

Now DON'T GET ME GOING, or I'll slam another Tuesday brew, and take aim at some poor sap. It's been a while, and the bloodstains on my rusty cam are flaking off. Maybe what this place NEEDS is a good slap in the face, a good kick in the chomskies. HUH? WHAT?

Reply to
Obie a.k.a. Wound Up

"Obie a.k.a. Wound Up" wrote : > You will always be "That Punk Kid" to me : >

: > J/K : >

: > ok, damnit? : >

: : ALRIGHT THEN damnit : : Now DON'T GET ME GOING, or I'll slam another Tuesday brew, and take aim : at some poor sap. It's been a while, and the bloodstains on my rusty : cam are flaking off. Maybe what this place NEEDS is a good slap in the : face, a good kick in the chomskies. HUH? WHAT? :

Yea yea yeaaaa..... sheesh... you aren't so tough.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Don't think so? Thankfully, many people underestimate me. It gives you an advantage. I was slamming 40s, getting chased by cops and fighting skinheads in NYC with my friends when I was 15 years old. Believe me, I learned a thing or two. Some cokehead once had to make his point clear to me with a snub .38 inches from my chest. I technically stole a car when I was 14. I brought it back; my friends and I just used it to learn to drive a stick. I think we roasted the clutch a bit. I've been to jail. I've had to stand toe-to-toe with BIG guys who could kill me, and not blink. I told a whole room of guys they could bring it if they wanted, and laughed because I couldn't believe I actually just said "bring it".

I'm not totally proud of all that stuff, but I also never get messed with by people who aren't complete idiots. I know some sit around, all day, looking for victims. I never look like a victim, and hopefully I never will be. The occassional bar idiot, I let be; I don't want to spend the night with this jerk in the county tank. I could break his freaking jaw, but why get an assault charge? I've found that your eyes, your posture and your walk do more for you than anything ever could.

Tough is a state of mind.

Reply to
Wound Up

yeah, I agree. It's far from how things usually go. And the equipment they use is far form what the average Joe has available in his garage.

Same here.. money talks.

Reply to
RT