This is how environmentalists die

laughing, and someday you will no longer need those training wheels......

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

On Aug 8, 4:02=A0pm, Rich wrote: Yeah, yeah, how about the important stuff. How many virgins did you get?

please show more of your ignorance, as it is most certainly your better side

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

na, you just would rather cling to stupid antagonistic belligerent statements, which when you really break them down are just a reflection of your ignorance rich, so of course you don=92t want to understand the content of what im saying as it is true....

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

The words seem in english, but they lack content.

Cheers,

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Look!

I just reduced your cyber footprint - both of you - to /zero/ in my computer.

It was /easy/.

You shoulda got a room.

Reply to
Frank ess

So would everybody else. You aren't that special.

Reply to
Bill Ward

laughing

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

Any day now.

Reply to
Poetic Justice

laughing, some day my friend, some day.......

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

Don't know about you rich, but my life is hardly worth continuing without someone to call me ignorant, and tell me to ride a bicycle so "they" can drive a car and run me over.

Reply to
Poetic Justice

Ok ... here comes the umpteenth strawman/false dilemma

No it doesn't. We 'greens' favour public transport at the expense of personalised transport, which does work out statistically safer. If the bulk of people now in any personal car were in public transport, road trauma would be way down. If some of the residuals were on bikes (or even in smaller lighter vehicles than typical passenger cars), that would still be true. Indeed, just the fact that these bicycles and smaller lighter vehicles would not be comepting for road space with as many other drivers, and the fact that many of the drivers they were competing with would be doing it for a living on a timetable with dozens of people watching them and insisting they drove responsibly, would ensure that.

None. Had we had our way, far fewer would have suffered injuries. Perhaps even more statistically significantly, had we had our way, the human habitat would have been more conducive to health, since the air and water would have been cleaner. A substantial proportion of the populace don't drive cars, but exactly 100% of them have to breathe the air and drink the water.

Reply to
James

Pininfarina was the designer of Ferrari's back in the sixties. Was this his son or grandson?

Reply to
Dexter

dude try posting something different other than you idiocy, until then I will happily point out your ignorance for all of usenet to see=85..

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

I've never pretended to be that special. I advocate solutions to social organisation, the design of living and working space that would support other and better deicsions by individuals.

I condemn no person for driving a car. I supprt a set of arrangements that would make choosing not to drive a car more attractive in both absolute and relative terms a lot more of the time.

Fran

Reply to
Fran

As I understand it, Al advocates a system in which people pat a suitable premium (i.e. one reflecting the true cost to the commons of various consumption choices) on various human activities. So even if this story were true, it wouldn't imply hypocrisy.

Fran

Reply to
Fran

But objectively, not everyone who doesn't use a car will get onto a bike. Most will be in public transport. Some may carpool. Only the fairly fit will use a bike. And of course, the average number of persons riding in cars in the peak is between 1 and 2. So there won't bne four times as many targets. There will be far fewer.

Some people who are borderline fit will improve their fitness, with other spin off benefits.

If you are going to group all of us together then you have to group all of our consensus policies together. Taking cars off the road impoprves the air quality and that saves lives.

Yes indeed, and toxic emssions are associated with vehicle use.

We attack nobody's freedom. Indeed, we augment it by enlarging on the freedom to choose riding a bicycle or using public transport or breathing clean air. Add up all the fredoms, and you will see that what we propose adds up to more than what you propose.

No, a logically connected domain of the same subject.

No, but they can get into low cost public transport, or carpool, even if they are poor

A figure you want to put a zero next to because that represents the value you put on the lives of those who putatively threaten your creature comforts.

Fran

Reply to
Fran

I take public transport, myself. Can't speak for other Greens. I confess I do cheat sometimes and ride in taxis.

Might get hurt in a taxi. Not too likely to get hurt in traffic in a subway car or a bus -- although it does occasionally happen to people in terrorist attacks.

Compared to the thousands of Americans who die in automobile accidents each year, though, buses and subways are amazingly safe.

Walking is not bad either, if you don't need to go far. Surprisingly few pedestrian deaths in traffic accidents.

Reply to
john fernbach

The obesity factor IS a huge factor .. hmm. We have a pun here, don't we?

How about road rage, also? I've seen bicyclists engage in road rage, usually after one has nearly been sideswiped by a car. Have seen virtually no road rage on the subway or in the DC metro buses.

Altho the down side of public transportation is that you're in close proximity to strangers whom you might not like so much, and vice versa.

Reply to
john fernbach

I agree that Gore's limo riding is totally outrageous.

For environmentalists, Gore's example should illustrate Bob Dylan's famous warning:

"Don't follow leaders."

However, a lot of Greens don't own cars, don't ride in limos, and do use public transit. I do, for example. Ditto for my girlfriend -- well, actually she rides a bicyle and walks, mostly. Doesn't live in an area where public transit is available.

Reply to
john fernbach

=2E

That is a lie, Malaria deaths are the result of the DDT ban and there have been millions of them.

Reply to
chemist