thought you guys might get a kick out of this :)

check out this forum, may be it'll make you laugh. The STi Rulez and STi Vs. Mustang GT threads.

SPAMsixfrost

Aren't they cool.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

For some reason most people who post on these lame forums who own imports seem to magically consider themselves master mechanics when they're talking... and they tell stupid stories of how they spanked the crap out of a car they are capable of beating being a good OR bad driver.. where next-to-no skill is required. They are just ignorant little bastards. They feel powerful behind a keyboard. Ignore 'em or they're eventually gonna aggravate you shitless.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Oh, no no. I am having a good old time. I am the one getting a rise out of them, not the other way around :) But you're absolutely right about the spanking part.

Reply to
SPAMsixfrost
** I agree... Mustangs should handle a bit better in stock trim. I still want ** to put that kit on my Cobra... but have yet to do so. Maybe when it comes ** time to change the shocks/struts here real soon I'll do that.

It's a pretty big step up from stock. The tremendous increase in control and stability is addictive. You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

** Sounds like a fun road. I dunno though... most people have driving ** abilities that require they stay that far back... and I'm glad they don't ** try to push it. I feel bad for whoever they injure other than themselves...

It's actually a wide 2-lane, 3/4-mile straight piece of road that heads straight up the side of a mountain. No matter how 4-bangers are geared, they can't EVEN begin to catch up to me charging up that sucker with V-8 torque. Hondas look like fun in the windy sections, but when it comes to raw torque, it just isn't there.

** Not to play the devil's advocate, but the two wheelers think the same thing ** about Mustangs, and there are plenty of turbo-4 cars that'll stomp stock or ** even modified GTs. I got my ass handed to me at the drag strip by a turbo ** Laser. I ran 13.8 in my '97 Cobra, he was in the mid 11's.

I'll run into blown Civic someday, I'm sure. 2-wheelers are scary-fast. I used to ride an old 350cc Yamaha RD-350 with expansion chambers. You could easily pop a wheelie at 100 mph on that thing; it was absolutely the most frightening thing I've ever ridden. It had a torque curve that went straight up from 3000 rpm on. I'm surprised I didn't kill myself riding that damned thing.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

How bout the genius who had to ask what "WOT" meant. He wasn't sure if it was a subject or an object. LMAO!!

Scott W. '66 HCS Mustang '68 Ranchero 500 '68 Fury III

Reply to
Scott Williams

LOL yeah i know

Reply to
<memset

I have a Mustang, and a LS1 Z28 Camaro. My real fun car is a Contour. 24 valve V6 5 speed. You should see the faces of the guys in their hot rice cars when I blow them away. The only bad thing is the V6 don't start making power till 4,500 RPM and it's usually catch up time by then. Last night I embarrassed a guy in a BMW with it. When I bought it I had no idea how well they accelerate, turn and stop. Why Ford ever built a car like this is beyond me. My Camaro has 3.42 gears, the Mustang is about the same, Contour has 4.08's. 3,500 RPM in overdrive is not quite 80 MPH.

About two wheelers, had three 750 two stroke triple Kaw's. Talk about a unicycle with a training wheel. The new bikes are way faster. Had a CB1100F Honda some years back, scary fast. A good running 600 would kill it today.

I'll make you guys laugh. I have an LS1 so I met some guy's here that drag race them. I was at the strip one day with a 67 Mustang, mild 429, GM 400 turbo, 9". It has 12.1 on it as the dial in. So I ask the LS1 guys if anyone wanted to race it. They told me one of the LS1's was way in the 11's. So I decided to watch it. After a few runs I went over to him and asked if he went to the tower to complain? I said, your car is in the 11's but the sign at the end of the track always shows 13's. He wasn't very happy with me:)

Al

PS: Our fast car is a Camaro. Powered by a 514 Ford. Best time so far is

8.60 at 158.8. I drove it last weekend with a mild 460 in it. We had to turn it down as I do not have a NHRA license, so we shut off the air to the throttle stop. Ran 10.078 @ 135.10 MPH. The 1/8 mile time on that run was 6.410 @ 110.35. It's gone low 9's with this engine when it's wide open. Has 73 PI heads on it. Anyone can build an engine like this, inexpensively.
Reply to
Big Al

I'm sure I will, but finances didn't permit it. As soon as they do, it's something I'm looking forward to. Even if I have to run in the modified classes if I ever decide to AX, which might also be this year.

Torque definately helps on a long climb.... it'd be interesting to see some of the kids around here that think they're fast not even be able to accelerate up something like that.

I have a 2001 Ninja ZX-6. 600cc 4-cylinder.. 4-stroke I'm pretty sure. It's not the fastest two-wheeler on the road, but I still laugh when the kids in the SS Camaro try to show me that they're fast. Done by the shift into 2nd, at 14,000RPM no less. There's a rush.

It won't pull the front wheel up without really trying (as in, revving it up some and dropping the clutch), and I've never really tried. It's not the strongest machine, and it could probably use some assistance as I bought it used and I'm not real sure of the condition. It's scary fast though, and will most definately get up and go. Fast enough for me right now... I don't feel the need to sell it and get a 900+. The only time it even hesitates is when I'm in too high a gear with a passenger and try to go up a hill... knock it down two and hit the throttle again and it's fine.

JS

Reply to
JS

the worst i ever got smoked in my 96 gt was by a wrx... so i bought an 03 snake to make sure that would never happen to me again - then they came out with the sti

i give those cars much respect

(you see what i am still driving tho) =)

Reply to
Christopher Shea