Throttle hangs--90 LX 5.0

I recently had the injectors replaced on my 5.0. Ever since then, when I let off the throttle coming to a stop (5-speed) the engine "hangs" at 2,000 rpm instead of dropping to 700 rpm. Do you think they may have screwed up the throttle linkage or is there another likely suspect.

Thanks

Reply to
Dave Combs

"Dave Combs" wrote in news:SoU6f.2813$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

Maybe some kind of vacuum issue?

Reply to
Joe

I forgot to say that it only happens intermittently

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs

Something in my memory says this has something to do with the 'salt and pepper' shaker eletrical connectors. I think they immediately behind the upper intake on a 5.0.

Try this link.

You might also have a vaccum leak. You might need to clear your pcm/computer by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and then starting it to allow the pcm to setup its fuel program for the new injectors. You might have a fuel pressure problem; get a quality fuel pressure gauge and install it on the schraeder valve in the fuel hard line (passenger side front of engine block).

Could be lots of things.

Reply to
cprice

In addition to the other suggestions it could be that your Idle Air Valve is on it's last legs. You can try cleaning it - that's hit and miss. It's easy to replace if you don't mind parting with around $60.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have an '87 that does the exact same thing. If I shut it off and restart it everything is fine. It doesn't happen all the time and only after I run it for a few miles. If you find the answer please let me know.

Reply to
Rod Williams

Two things, if there's no CEL on:

Idle speed control and/or throttle position sensor

Also the harness grounds near the PCM are sometimes flaky.. pass side kick panel.

Actually anytime your car reaches the ten yo mark, you should take a nice afternnon and go over the entire wairing assembly, making sure all connections are intact and grounding points solid.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic