Thump Sound

My sister has a 2000 model Mustang Convertable that has a thump sound that seems to come from under the driver's side floor board when she takes off or hits a bump. They have looked all over under it and can't find anything loose. Any have any idea what this sound could be coming from?

Thanks in advance

John

Reply to
Wulfdog

On a couple of cars that I owned a few years ago, it was caused by the emergency brake cable. There was a rubber doughnut on the cable to soften the blow, and the thump was the doughnut hitting the floorboard.

Reply to
Bob Willard

Reply to
Wulfdog