Timing

Anyone know what the initial timing is for a stock 94 GT?....cc

Reply to
cc

Ford likes 10 degrees BTDC for distributor engines..... make sure the spout is disconnected and the CEL is illuminated.

Reply to
Jim Warman

OK, but is there an optimum setting? I have mine set mine at 13 BTDC without a pinging issue.

Reply to
Richard

It's dependant on what the engine will take, gearing and grade of fuel. 15d is about the max. 13d is usually a good setting, able to take the occasional 'bad tank' of gas.

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (B2723m) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:

My LX is set at 14 and runs great on pump 93.

Joe

Reply to
Mr. Ford

Excuse my ignorance but the "spout"?....vac line?....and what is CEL?....sorry I'm not being a smart ass, I just don't know....I work on old cars....a lot of mystery on these new ones!....thanks....cc

Reply to
cc

SPOUT - Spark output timing signal from the PCM (power control module) needs to be disconnected to adjust timing. Vac line I assume is a vacuum line. and CEL is the Check engine light.

Reply to
Richard