Tire Recommendation for '00 GT Vert

I have a 2000 GT Vert and I'm looking into replacing my current tires with a less expensive set. I can't afford to pay 200-250 per tire, I'd like to be around 90-120 range. Any thoughts?

My local tire dealer here recommended Fulda Extremos, Falken Ziex-502 and Nankang Vs. Anyone with these tires and your thoughts.

Thanks

2000 Red Mustang GT Convertible Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace Kenny Brown Sub-Frame Connectors Bassani X-Pipe
Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

I have Nitto's from Discout Tire about 85bucks each. Great handling but ain't worth a f*ck in the snow.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Hit

for tire comparisms, reviews, ratings, etc.

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

NT 450's

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Asking what tire you need is like asking "What tool do I need to fix my car?" With that little bit of information, nobody can give you a reliable recommendation that makes any sense at all. Tires are one of the most important components to a safe handling car. Any racer of any series will tell you that tire selection is critical. Rally racers don't decide tire choice until just before the race, so they can evaluate conditions. So, what kind of driving do you do? High speed road courses or commuting in the snow? Stock drive line, or highly modified? Mountain two lanes or New Mexico freeway? Do you like to hammer it hard with Meatloaf blasting, or sip latte and listen to Bach? What is more important to you, handling or tire life? All these things are important in tire selection.

Reply to
.boB

I wonder what to buy if someone listened to Pantera, Rammstein, early Metallica, etc! Meatloaf?!?!? That's cruising music.

-John

Reply to
Generic

Only for you young pups. Us old farts are a little different. :)

Reply to
.boB

Not so young! These or similar bands have been around since the 1980s.

Just enjoy yourself. :-)

-John

Reply to
Generic

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

So snow traction and cornering ability are important. Tough to get in one tire. I have Michelins on my truck, which I love. The Falken looks like a good tire. But it's not in popular use yet, so it's hard to get a reliable review. You might take a close look at the Bridgestone Potenza. What you lose in high speed performance, you gain in snow traction and ride quality. Nitto makes a good performance tire. It doesn't seem to last as long as others, and is not M+S rated (FWTW). The tread just doesn't look like a good all season tire. It is inexpensive, though.

Last summer I put a set of Road Hugger Radial GT tires on my wife's 2001 Cougar. It was inexpensive, M+S rated, and has a very nice ride. The ride quality and nasty weather traction is better than the stock Firestone's. I bought them at the local Discount Tire store in Colorado Springs.

Reply to
.boB

I highly recommend the Bridgestone Potenza. GREAT wet traction. Long life. Great price for what you get. I remember choosing these a few years back as an alternative to the more expensive Firestone Firehawks, which I would also recommend. My choice was based on a review and I've gone thru a few of those Potenzas now and I'm very happy with them.

Reply to
Scotter

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:49:02 GMT, "Scotter" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I love the Firestone SZ50's I put on the Vette. Don't know if they still make them, put on the Vette they have been a great tire.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:39:41 GMT, "Y2KRedMustang" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I've that there is no doubt, but damn I love those tires. I ordered mine from Tirerack. After taking them to my local shop to have them mounted the tire guy came out told me to never bring a set of those "F*ing" tires back there again for mounting. The sidewall is so stiff they are a real bitch to mount. He had to work for his shekels that day.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I have the same car as you. Got a set of Fuldas last year to replace the GY set. I don't race and do mostly highway driving. So far they are holding up well.

Reply to
roger

Great! Thanks for recommendation. I'm leaning towards the Fuldas.

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang