Tire size

What's the widest tire that one could get on 15" wheels from a V6 Mustang?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Did research & found my own answer. Says 225/50/15 is the largest tire size & has minor interference (rubbing between tire & control arm when steering turned to a full left or full right lock).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Isnt the V6 suspension the same dimensions as the GT's??? If so then you could definately fit a wider tire under it.

Reply to
Mike

I have a 98 GT... but my bro gave me his 15" wheels from his V6. I want to put them to use.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I plan on getting 3.73 gears fairly soon. New tread is necessary soon as well.. so I'm wanting to get new tires & then the gears. Any recommendations on a good tire for those gears? I do want traction... but I am not wanting to spend a whole lot on the tires. Right now I've got cheapo Duralon Vertex IV's on all 4 wheels... 205/xx/15 (forgot the aspect ratio/sidewall height--can check if necessary). Thanks.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I see what you're saying. Do you know how wide the 15 wheels are? The reason i ask is because on a regular 17 inch gt rim i've heard of people running a much wider tire than a 225....hell my cobra had 255's on them when i bought it and it looks like it could definately accept an even wider tire. With tires you pretty much get what you pay for. I personally run cheapo tires on my car because in reality any decent driver should be able to handle even a pretty quick car on the street without any problems on cheap tires. A friend of mine runs an 11 second street car on one of the cheapest dunlops you can buy and he blasts that car around like it's an insane person....LOL If you're looking for really good traction for drag racing (but not for street racing right...wink wink) then you're best off with a good set of drag radials.

Mike

recommendations

Reply to
Mike

Nah... I'll just get a good priced, wide tire. I'll try to figure out the wheel width (I think they're 15x7?) soon. Thanks, Mike.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

When I wear out my current set of 14" tires and switch to the turbines, I'll be getting 4 new 225/60R15 tires. They fill up the wheel wells a little better than the 50, IMO. You might be able to push it out to 235, but 225 is definitely safe.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

That depends on the width of the wheel.

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil