tires and wheels

I am wondering what sizes of tires and wheels people are using on their Mustangs for the rear? I have a 2002 GT Vert with the stock wheels, and Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs.

I am wondering if I get the 17X10.5 inch rims from Mustang Tuning, with the Sumitomo 315/35/17 tires if they will fit ok? What with the car lowered and all, and the size of the tires, I am wondering if the tires will rub on the car when going over bumps. I notice the car scrapes the ground now since I changed the springs. I want wide tires in the rear, but not if I have to be careful when hitting bumps on the road.

Rob

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

you want show or performance?

show, do 17s and have that rough ride and get beat up by the bumps.

Performance, put on some wide15s lower the air pressure some.

Reply to
Tom

Depends on what kind of performance you're after. Your combo is great for a straight line in acceleration adn braking. But try to turn some corners.......

Bob, your best bet is to call the folks at Mustang Tuning. SOme 315 tires are wider than otheres. They can tell you what fits and what doesn't; wheel width, backspacing, tire section width, etc.

Reply to
.boB

The rims are all different too, you can offset several ways.

Reply to
Tom