Tires size for 18 inch rims!

Planning to get cobra R 18 inch rims. Just wondering what's the best tires size to fit the car. i'm thinking about 275/35 front and 285/13 back. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Reply to
mustangGT_00

Those sizes will maintain the stock overall tire diameter. I assume that the rear will be 285/35 NOT 285/13.

Reply to
Richard

I strongly recommend that you put the same size tires all the way around.

You cannot rotate if they are different.

I have Kuhmo Ecsta Supra (Nittos are much better grippers BTW but the Kuhmos last longer)

245/40/ZR18s on the front and 275/35/ZR18s in the back.

I'll never do it again. Not being able to rotate the tires has been anl expensive venture.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

I strongly recommend that you put the same size tires all the way around.

You cannot rotate if they are different.

I have Kuhmo Ecsta Supra (Nittos are much better grippers BTW but the Kuhmos last longer)

245/40/ZR18s on the front and 275/35/ZR18s in the back.

I'll never do it again. Not being able to rotate the tires has been anl expensive venture.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

My bad, i meant 285/35. what about 265/35 front instead of 275/35, would that do a big deal or it's just lil smaller ? thanks

Reply to
mustangGT_00

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:18:27 -0400, "mustangGT_00" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I don't think I would put 285/13's on the back.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Just a little smaller. 25.3 vs. 25.6 inch diameter.

Reply to
Richard

Rotate???? YUCK!!!

I had staggered sizes on my fiero and LOVED IT =) Hell even on the Kia, which I almost never ever drive anymore, I don't ever rotate the tires.

Balance, sure. Rotate? No.

Reason? Rotating the tires does only 1 thing for you. Distribute wear across all 4 tires. So really its your choice....

Do you want to buy 4 tires at a time....or 2 tires at a time? That really is what it comes down to. There is no other "benefit" to rotating the tires.

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I prefer 4 at a time and to know that I have the same grip in the front as I have in the back.

Kate

| >You cannot rotate if they are different. | | Rotate???? YUCK!!! | | I had staggered sizes on my fiero and LOVED IT =) Hell even on the | Kia, which I almost never ever drive anymore, I don't ever rotate the | tires. | | Balance, sure. Rotate? No. | | Reason? Rotating the tires does only 1 thing for you. Distribute wear | across all 4 tires. So really its your choice.... | | Do you want to buy 4 tires at a time....or 2 tires at a time? That | really is what it comes down to. There is no other "benefit" to | rotating the tires. | | | -- | Stephan | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

Reply to
SVTKate

Hehehe, it floats my boat just fine =)

Btw...Hi kate =)

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

Hey monster kid! how ya doin?

| | Hehehe, it floats my boat just fine =) | | Btw...Hi kate =) | | | -- | Stephan | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

Reply to
SVTKate

Doing wonderful! Little tired, was up working until 6am yesterday.

Other than that, doing great! How about you?

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

Haha yea, spring time is great =)

Well i'm not exactly working the night shift, however I'm really busy working on our new tuning software. So I tend to stay up late at times =)

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

"Stephan Rose" wrote are you working the night shift? Who did you torment to deserve that? | | Well i'm not exactly working the night shift, however I'm really busy | working on our new tuning software. So I tend to stay up late at times | =) |

Funny how computer-atin can do that to an otherwise perfectly normal human being. When hubs used to work night I would do it now and then, now that he's underfoot all day and night, it's impossible. I liked to stay up late and just play. Sometimes with new software, other times with graphics and now and again with a game.

Back in the EARLY days when IRC was new and hot I would spend hours on end yakking with friends I made around the world. That was pretty cool.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

is that when you got your crack habit

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

And hey when I see a mustang on the dyno being tuned by my software, putting out over 400hp, all the work is well worth it =)

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

Do me, this newsgroup, and the world a favor.

Shrivel and Die.

Please.

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6