To trade in... or not...???

I have a '97 Convertible, base model, auto transmission, nothing added aftermarket, approx. 73K miles on it now. With all of the 0% financing out there, just trying to figure out if I'm better off sticking with my 'Stang, or if I should seriously start looking at trading it in or selling it. The car is well-maintained, no body damage, no major mechanical problems (does need a new wheel and new tires & I've noticed a few very minor flaws in the convertible top). Just wondering what I might be looking at, as far as upcoming repairs and higher-mileage vehicle maintenance.

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated! I love the car, but my hubby is convinced it's going to cost us a lot to keep it on the road.

Thanks! Kori

Reply to
KoriQ

I think that your car would be worth around 4k .... thats my quick guess .. as for the new cars ... 0% means that you have to be approved and you have to pay off the car in a shorter time .... i guess 3 years.... so your payments are higher .... depends on the down payment ...

i'm sure you know about this ... but just in case ....

- SS

Reply to
Silver Stang

says your 97 convertible Mustang 3.8 V6 automatic isworth $8900. Not that this is for sure *the value* of your car because that is relative, heh. But I thought the $4000 sounded very low so I looked.

Scott

Reply to
Scotter

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Bought a 2003 F150, 0% interest for 5 years direct from Ford.

Not sure where you are getting your loans from, but you should shop around !!

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

hey that is awesome ... I checked by college park and thats what i found ... however I never applied for it ..

I was considering selling my 01 v6 for a new cobra :-)

- SS

Reply to
Silver Stang

hehe ...

hey I don't know about the dependability ... they suck in rain.....its a disaster in snow .... I know this car is not supposed to be driven in snow .. .but my poor soul cannot afford a second car ...

150k easily ??? that sounds decent ...

Reply to
Silver Stang

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Uhh... read the posts... if you still don't understand, come back and someone will splain it to ya !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum