too big???

i have a 05 nissian altima. i recently put 20in rims on my car. i can't ride anyone in the back and im ducking pot holes like im dodging a bullet. my tires rub bad and it feels like my car is coming apart if i hit a little pot hole. need help. brand new car in need of help!!!

Reply to
pumpkin

I've seen 20's and what appears to be bigger on the newer Altimas. You don't say if a reputable shop did the work or not. If thye didn't observe proper measurements then you can, and in your case, will have problems.

Frankly, i think 20's are too big for that car but seeing all the Altimas around with big-assed wheel/tire combinations it seems not too many agree with me.

Is there a Nissan dedicated website or usenet group you could try?

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

I made a change to my car and it didn't work.....

Where is the problem? Undo the change and feel good....

However, bring your chequebook and I can fix you up....

Reply to
Jim Warman

you need more air in the tires to cushin the bumps. go to 16's

Reply to
John Campbel

If you have the patience, leave your car parked outside the castle, wait until midnight, and it will turn back into a carriage. You'll need to get some more wheels and tires, though.

Tires that will turn the same number of revs-per-mile as the stockers on 20-inch rims for smaller cars have such short sidewalls they are no longer part of the "ride" system. Special springs and shocks/struts could make a difference, but the true cure is to go back to the stock size tires and wheels. Try finding some wheels that look good to you in standard size.

Or, learn to live with the problems brought on by over-bling.

Reply to
Frank ess

As if posting this to a Mustang group didn't prove you're an idiot, the actual contents of the post proves it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Reply to
WindsorFox

:D

Honestly, you knew the answer when you posted the question. It's in the subject line. If they don't fit and the car rides like crap, you need to get rid of them.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

What a dumb ass question!!!! However if you want those 20's, I have a plasma that will fix your problem.

Reply to
RJ

A plasma?

Reply to
WindsorFox

Yes a Plasma Cutter.

My Name Is Nobody

Well that's completely different. I know what a plasma cutter is and how it works, that's not what he said.

Reply to
WindsorFox

That's what I meant to say!!!

Reply to
RJ

I pictured someone walking with a ball of glowing gas...

Reply to
WindsorFox