touching up painting

Okay. Got my ford zinc yellow touch up paint. A bottle of clear coat and

2000 grit sandpaper. I have a couple of spots where the wife dinged the intake vents on the side of my Mustang. I clean the areas really good with soap and water. Dry it. Apply the paint in the scratched area only. Let it dry a couple of hours. Soak the heck out of the spot and use the 2000 grit paper very lightly on the spot only. Clean the spot, let it dry and apply a second dap of paint. Same again, let it dry then soak and sand. Clean the spot and apply the clear coat (I realize the touch up is acrylic but is it okay to apply the clear coat anyway?) Let it dry and wet sand so the clear coat blends in with the rest of the paint? Then buff and wax the spot? Did I miss anything?

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Keith

You would not catch me dead putting that stuff on my paint!

Smells like snake oil...

Serge

Reply to
Serge