Transmission whine?

AODE - '94 GT. Transmission rebuilt 2 years ago. Fairly loud whine in 1st, slight in 2nd and OD. Swapped out the planetary gear set. No significant change. Internals all looked good. Transmission mounts look good but are probably original. Rear differential carrier bearings, crown and pinion and axle bearings replaced because of other issues. Did not affect the whine. Same after as before. Transmission rebuilder suggests that the whine is being transferred from something in the drive line but cannot offer any concrete solution. Any suggestions.

Reply to
Richard

Ted Lagonikos

FRPP aluminum drive shaft installed 10K ago. I'll check but the last time I had a u-joint issue I noticed vibration at speed vs. the loud whine I now hear under slow acceleration while in first gear.

Reply to
Richard