Turn Signal Flasher

It is usually hanging by two wires from the under dash wiring. Look to the left of the steering column just under the lip of the dash it may even be clipped to the dash bottom. The emergency flasher is on the back of the fuse box. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Hazards work but signals do not so I am guessing that the flasher module needs to be replaced. Checked the fuse box but don't see one. Anyone know where this is on a 1987 GT 5.0 ? Thanks.

Reply to
Duker

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Well on my '87 that is where they are. The turn signal unit's plastic case was actually twisted into a hole in the dash frame. My replacement was a tin can one so I just tucked it up into the wire loom. StuK

bottom.

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

It doesn't sound like it's the flasher unit, if the hazards work. Do a search here for multi-function switch and see if you see any with similar symptoms. I removed mine and cleaned all the contacts, which fixed my problem (hazards and left signal worked but right signal did not).

Duane

Reply to
Duane B.

The hazards and the turn signals are on two different flasher units so they can definitely stop working independent of one another. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

No, but they are optional on Mercedes and BMW's! Glad you got it fixed! StuK

definitely

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Thanks for the help. I found it tucked up by the steering column. $10 part and I have signals again .... I was getting tired of people asking me if signals were optional on the Mustang and giving me the finger !

definitely

Reply to
Duker